The Green House
The Mayfair Hotel(Bournemouth)
Burley Court Hotel(Bournemouth)
The Queens Hotel(Bournemouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsroll top bathgreen credentialsarbor restauranteco hotelcourse taster menucrab appleeco credentialsmaster double roomfresh milkfree standing bathsilver birchlovely hotelsmall toucheswedding breakfastwalk in showerwedding partymr mrs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I've spent a lot of time over the last 48 months travelling to Bournemouth on business and I always choose to stay here. The rooms are always clean and tidy and the beds are very comfy. The room numbering system is also a nice little touch. If on a nice weekend break with your partner I'd also suggest paying extra for the roll top bath.

Always a nice atmosphere in the bar area with a good selection of beers on top and the breakfasts are always nice and cooked fresh to your liking.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Beatboxbumblebee
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed here for just one Saturday night in January. It is a lovely hotel, exactly as it looks in the pictures. It is quite a good walk into the town, definitely not a five min stroll, be better in the summer. We had a standard double which was perfect apart from the wi-fi, couldn't connect at all. Bed was super-comfy. I like nice hotels but not when they feel 'stuffy', this one doesn't at all! We ate out in the evening so can't comment on the food, but can say that the restaurant appeared very busy and the menu looked lovely. We did however have breakfast on Sunday which, although nice, was very slow. We waited at least 15 mins for our coffee and a further 45 mins for our breakfast which was slightly disappointing. Maybe we just got there at the wrong time but there were certainly plenty of staff so not quite sure what went wrong. Nice hotel though, would go back and will definitely try the restaurant next time.

Room Tip: Not really a tip but we had a front room on the first floor and would have no reason to not stay in that one again!
2  Thank Viv10507
oosullivan, General Manager at The Green House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will share your comments with the team. I just wanted to let you know that we were experiencing a bit of trouble with inconsistent phone lines throughout December and January which accounted for the terrible wifi connection. We have also just upgraded our system to Shareband which we have tried and tested over the last two weeks and I am delighted to say works like a treat! Hopefully we will see you back at the Green House very soon and I would recommend trying our Arbor restaurant if you want to try something a bit different. Our chef sources his ingredients from as local as possible and has been consistently serving happy customers since we opened!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

1st Feb 2014.
My Partner and I took considerable time to select this hotel for our overnights stay in Bournemouth with her parents. We were delighted with the whole of our stay from the minute we entered the reception to the drive off the forecourt. Our room (Red Oak) was extremely clean, the large walk in shower was spotless gleaming glass and ceramic tiles (no mold in sight). The furnishing was of a very good quality and the bed and linen very comfortable.
The staff were very friendly and attentive . The Bar and lounge area is warm and inviting, modern contemporary furniture is complemented by the traditional cast iron radiators and period style windows. The dining experience in the evening was both enjoyable and reasonably priced, however I was expecting more seafood on the menu probably due to the season! Regardless of this there was a very good selection to choose from and nobody of our party of six were disappointed.
Location wise I think it is perfect, I could just see the sea through the trees from my room but as the Hotel is set back from the cliffs we were protected from the buffeting wind and rain. The main attractions of the town are a short walk away. We will definitely be staying again. We booked direct using the Hotel website as I found using the last minute websites added £10 and credit card fees so worth checking before you book.

Room Tip: Our rooms (red Oak and Holm Oak) are at the front of the Hotel and have the lift directly opposite which suited my in laws. We all slept well and were not aware of any noise from the lift or stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank john_woodhouse
Reviewed 22 January 2014

An amazing hotel which resets the soul from city life. We had an amazing time from the moment we walked in with the friendly staff and quality facilities. We had a large room which had its own shower room and a separate bath. An amazing place to visit with a lot of character and a story behind everything.

Room Tip: The Large rooms have an amazing large bed and a bath within the room.
1  Thank Paddy V
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I booked a night in January at The Green House, making my booking online in December after seeing good reviews on TripAdviser and Mr & Mrs Smith. During online searches, The Green House stood out from other hotels in Bournemouth due to its contemporary style and eco-credentials, in a sea of large, mainstream hotels and B&Bs. Even though I had booked the room a month earlier, they were generous enough to add their a special January deal on to my booking, which gave us £20 per head off dinner. I had intended to book dinner in town, but changed my mind after being offered this discount. On arrival we also had been upgraded from a small double to a much larger room, which was lovely. The Farrow & Ball interiors are restful and calm, and although the hotel is obviously keen to be as environmentally-conscious as possible, it still offers good technology (flat-screen tv and strong wifi in the rooms) and luxurious details (fantastic beds and lovely wine glasses!). The location was even closer to the centre than I had realised - we were able to walk 5 minutes to get to the Odeon cinema to catch a film and the sea was also just around the corner. There were a few minor aspects that if rectified would have enabled me to give The Green House five stars - no wall shelf in the en-suite meant it was difficult to store toiletries, the room only had a shower not a bath and the breakfast (food and service) was a little bit unreliable, but otherwise we had a wonderful stay and would recommend the hotel to others without hesitation.

2  Thank walshfm