“Sadly only one night”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London
“Sadly only one night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

The Green House was booked for me by conference organisers and I was sorry it was only a one night stay. The room was beautiful, furnished with lovely solid wood and a huge bed that was like sleeping in a big cosy hug. So many nice touches from the fresh milk and fruit, luxurious toiletries and nice thick towels. I might have to find another reason to come to Bournemouth for another (longer) visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank salieri_75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We held a weekend trip with 6 couples and a family of four. We arrived on the Saturday and had dinner bed and breakfast. There was a wedding on the Saturday also so wondered how it might turn out.
We need not have worried. From the time we arrived, all at different times during the day, until the time we left the staff were just great. Everything ran like clockwork, even down to reserving us an area in the lounge for pre dinner drinks.
The evening meal was excellent with locally sourced produce and well prepared. Breakfast too was very good.
We would highly recommend this privately run hotel where customer service is still the main priority.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in The Green House Hotel from Thursday 21st November 2013 to Saturday 23rd November 2013 to attend a friend’s wedding.

Our first impressions, as my partner and I drove into the car park, were that the area looked lovely and clean. There were only a few parking spaces so I was glad we managed to find a space, but I left my car feeling confident it would be secure in the grounds. We weren't quite sure where the hotel entrance was because there wasn't any signage but we managed to find it without too much difficulty.

The member of staff at the front desk was pleasant and friendly. She ensured we knew where everything was and personally escorted us to our room. We had been placed in the Silver Birch room which, at £200 per night, was the second most expensive room in the hotel. I was very impressed by the hotel room. The space was larger than I was expecting and there was a king sized bed, along with a desk, side tables, chest of drawers, numerous lamps, a chair, a medium sized wardrobe and a large television. I was delighted to discover the television was equipped with the full Freeview package as I've stayed in really expensive hotels before where they have only had a small selection of channels.

I also discovered we were allowed access to free Wi-Fi in the room which not many hotels I have stayed in have offered without charging you an extortionate amount.

There wasn't a mini bar but the hotel provided us with a large bottle of water and some biscuits and there was a section for making hot drinks with various sachets of coffee and some tea bags.

There was a separate bathroom with a massive shower which had a powerful water supply and a large bath. The hotel provided us with towels, flannels, body lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

I was pleased to see the hotel was Eco-friendly – all the furniture was made from recycled wood, the hotel only sourced food locally and they made their own honey on the roof.

My partner and I decided to dine in our room on the first night. We chose our food and then phoned down to the reception to order it. We were told our food would arrive in the next 30 minutes and it arrived in plenty of time. I had steak and chips with mushrooms and tomato, and my partner had fish and chips with peas and tartar sauce. The member of staff asked if there was anything else we required and I complained that the light kept flickering above the television. She said she’d report it to the maintenance manager and he came to our room about ten minutes later to change the bulb.

After dinner we decided to have a drink at the bar. The drinks were reasonably priced and we were delighted to discover that the hotel had provided a Croydon Ale especially for the wedding guests as the majority of us had come from that area. All the staff were really friendly and accommodating.

The next morning we decided to order breakfast and asked for the full English. It was the day of the wedding so I wanted to have a reasonably sized breakfast so I wouldn't feel hungry during the ceremony. We were given poached eggs, sausage, bacon, mushroom, tomato, toast and orange juice. It was delicious and just the right amount of food for me to consume.

After the ceremony we were provided with champagne and canapés, and we were allowed access to the entire hotel so we could explore while waiting for the restaurant to be prepared. For the wedding breakfast we were given a mushroom soup for starters; a shepherd’s pie with lamb shavings for the main course; and an apple crumble for dessert. All the courses were absolutely delicious and I would definitely eat them again in the future as they were available on the main menu and not just the wedding breakfast menu.

I am so glad I attended the wedding as I have now discovered an amazing hotel that I never knew existed before. I would highly recommend The Green House Hotel for weddings, couples, friends and business people.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just come back from staying for one night at the Green House and must say we couldn't fault it. Our room was lovely with a great shower. The service was very good and attentive and we ate an evening meal in the restaurant which again was very good. highly recommend.

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed for one night for business last week.

Lovely boutique style hotel, gorgeous room (albeit not that big) and bathroom with rain style shower.

Usual amenities were in the room (wifi, tea/coffee/hairdryer etc.) but no iron.

Ordered room service and can't fault the food which is all sourced locally. Arrived quick and was lovely.

There is only one reason I can't rate it as a 5* experience - this was the noise levels from the rooms around about mines... I could hear everything going on in including phone conversations and the TV - maybe I just had loud neighbours! This would be the only reason I probably won't stay again unless my usual place hasn't any rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hythe, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Really pleased with this choice out of a number of other hotels nearby. Only 5 minutes to the lovely sandy Bournemouth beach and about the same to the shops and onward to the magical gardens.

Lovely decoration, beautiful comfortable bed and deep roll top bath. Excellent food and lovely bar.

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We spent 2 nights on a DBB. Started in a standard room called Thorne Buck. Small 4-6" bed.
Small dim room. Basic. Good bathroom but not much space.

Bed was set against the wall of the door side. People traffic was loud, floors creaked, light came under the door, the extract hummed.
Then at 3am it got worse. We could hear the TV going on above or next door not to sure. The night receptionist was very good, but could not wake them up. We were moved at 3-20am to a bigger room on the top floor which was quiet called Holly. The room was OK , very basic, 1 chair small table small wardrobe same as the smaller room. The bathroom towels in both rooms were thread bare. Decor not much to say about it, and the room was freezing then it got very hot.The pillows smelled and they were like cotton wool. Not much sleep again in this room.
The food was Ok. Well presented but not enough choice.

No black pepper, expresso was extra at breakfast but staff were very kind and helpful even if they did not know what was in the food or how it should look on the plate.
Over priced and over rated for the whole stay. Very disappointing.
The only saving grace of the hotel are its staff. Not a lot of them but they tried their best.

Room Tip: Drop the star rating and you could be there. Make sure you ask for a King bed with a room with a vie...