“Very Nice Hotel, close to Beach and BIC”
Review of The Green House

The Green House
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Hotel, close to Beach and BIC”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Room was very nice with complimentary Water and Biscuits, the food in the restaurant is excellent, Main courses are not the biggest, but with a starter and dessert is enough to leave you feeling full. I would be happy to recommend both the hotel and the restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stefan114

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We had lunch at The Green House restaurant, Arbor, over Easter. The experience was a delight. The menu, simple and elegant, and our food tasty and beautifully presented. I can recommend the hake, and my partner had the chicken Kiev, which was also delicious. Our waiter was diligent and friendly and overall, I would recommend The Green House to anyone looking for a classy venue and brilliant food.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here again for one night due to work commitments. Had a lovely room 'Crab Apple' - all the decor at this hotel is tasteful. My room was large with a huge bathroom, standalone bath, enormous shower, twin sinks plus another room with the toilet and another sink. The staff were all lovely and I was given a flask of fresh milk for my tea in the morning. I followed tea with some delicious scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.
I'd love to keep this place a secret but it seems so unfair!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The Green House was booked for me by conference organisers and I was sorry it was only a one night stay. The room was beautiful, furnished with lovely solid wood and a huge bed that was like sleeping in a big cosy hug. So many nice touches from the fresh milk and fruit, luxurious toiletries and nice thick towels. I might have to find another reason to come to Bournemouth for another (longer) visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank salieri_75
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We held a weekend trip with 6 couples and a family of four. We arrived on the Saturday and had dinner bed and breakfast. There was a wedding on the Saturday also so wondered how it might turn out.
We need not have worried. From the time we arrived, all at different times during the day, until the time we left the staff were just great. Everything ran like clockwork, even down to reserving us an area in the lounge for pre dinner drinks.
The evening meal was excellent with locally sourced produce and well prepared. Breakfast too was very good.
We would highly recommend this privately run hotel where customer service is still the main priority.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in The Green House Hotel from Thursday 21st November 2013 to Saturday 23rd November 2013 to attend a friend’s wedding.

Our first impressions, as my partner and I drove into the car park, were that the area looked lovely and clean. There were only a few parking spaces so I was glad we managed to find a space, but I left my car feeling confident it would be secure in the grounds. We weren't quite sure where the hotel entrance was because there wasn't any signage but we managed to find it without too much difficulty.

The member of staff at the front desk was pleasant and friendly. She ensured we knew where everything was and personally escorted us to our room. We had been placed in the Silver Birch room which, at £200 per night, was the second most expensive room in the hotel. I was very impressed by the hotel room. The space was larger than I was expecting and there was a king sized bed, along with a desk, side tables, chest of drawers, numerous lamps, a chair, a medium sized wardrobe and a large television. I was delighted to discover the television was equipped with the full Freeview package as I've stayed in really expensive hotels before where they have only had a small selection of channels.

I also discovered we were allowed access to free Wi-Fi in the room which not many hotels I have stayed in have offered without charging you an extortionate amount.

There wasn't a mini bar but the hotel provided us with a large bottle of water and some biscuits and there was a section for making hot drinks with various sachets of coffee and some tea bags.

There was a separate bathroom with a massive shower which had a powerful water supply and a large bath. The hotel provided us with towels, flannels, body lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

I was pleased to see the hotel was Eco-friendly – all the furniture was made from recycled wood, the hotel only sourced food locally and they made their own honey on the roof.

My partner and I decided to dine in our room on the first night. We chose our food and then phoned down to the reception to order it. We were told our food would arrive in the next 30 minutes and it arrived in plenty of time. I had steak and chips with mushrooms and tomato, and my partner had fish and chips with peas and tartar sauce. The member of staff asked if there was anything else we required and I complained that the light kept flickering above the television. She said she’d report it to the maintenance manager and he came to our room about ten minutes later to change the bulb.

After dinner we decided to have a drink at the bar. The drinks were reasonably priced and we were delighted to discover that the hotel had provided a Croydon Ale especially for the wedding guests as the majority of us had come from that area. All the staff were really friendly and accommodating.

The next morning we decided to order breakfast and asked for the full English. It was the day of the wedding so I wanted to have a reasonably sized breakfast so I wouldn't feel hungry during the ceremony. We were given poached eggs, sausage, bacon, mushroom, tomato, toast and orange juice. It was delicious and just the right amount of food for me to consume.

After the ceremony we were provided with champagne and canapés, and we were allowed access to the entire hotel so we could explore while waiting for the restaurant to be prepared. For the wedding breakfast we were given a mushroom soup for starters; a shepherd’s pie with lamb shavings for the main course; and an apple crumble for dessert. All the courses were absolutely delicious and I would definitely eat them again in the future as they were available on the main menu and not just the wedding breakfast menu.

I am so glad I attended the wedding as I have now discovered an amazing hotel that I never knew existed before. I would highly recommend The Green House Hotel for weddings, couples, friends and business people.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just come back from staying for one night at the Green House and must say we couldn't fault it. Our room was lovely with a great shower. The service was very good and attentive and we ate an evening meal in the restaurant which again was very good. highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple