“Wonderful Wedding at The Green House”
Review of The Green House

The Green House
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had our wedding at The Green House on Saturday 2nd August 2014. It was a fantastic day! The staff were amazing and nothing was too much trouble. All of our guests really enjoyed the food and loved the rooms. We would recommend The Green House to anyone who is looking for a modern, friendly hotel for their wedding.

Room Tip: Crab Apple is very comfortable and big.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah A

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night to a wedding reception
The hotel staff and everything about it are first class,
The lady Aga in the restaurant look after us all for the meal and Work really hard and she is a first class member of staff.
The rooms are all very clean and tidy,beds are really good too.

Will stay again
Roger .

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Wilfggggg
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Such a shame we decided to stay here in the school hols as I think the place would feel so different at other less busy times but the noise from the room next door was clearly audible which ruined it. My friend stayed in one room and was kept awake most of the night due to children slamming the doors in the room next to him. Such a shame cos the hotel itself was really nice. Staff were pretty awful- we had an afternoon tea on the lawn one afternoon and the staff were less then attentive but I guess it comes down to peak season problems again. Room was comfy and clean and breakfast nice although staff unattentive to needs. Would like to return when less busy

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Cookvic
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife for a romantic anniversary get away and it was absolutely beautiful.
The rooms were large and spotlessly clean. Very modern with stylish bathrooms.
I didn't find the bed very comfy but my wife loved it - personal preference I guess!
Staff service was generally good thy were polite and efficient. Great stay and would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Familytravels14
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend in March. He had been to Bournemouth several times but it was his first time staying here, and I'm so glad he choose this over other options.
Staff are welcoming, helpful and considerate. The rooms are very, very comfortable with a surprisingly spacious en-suite. Lovely little touches in the room separate it from the bog-standard chains, including the quaint room-names of trees. The location os the hotel is nice and central and we spent Friday evening walking around the town and for dinner. On the Saturday night we ate in the hotel restaurant (you need to book ahead as it's usually booked out at weekends) and once again both the food and the service were up to a high standard. We really had a lovely weekend away, and should I return to Bournemouth I wouldn't risk to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank senzaparole03
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel met all expectations. We stayed two nights 11 and 12 July for the International Cheerleading competition held at BIC. The hotel is quiet, comfortable, modern and well presented and the staff service excellent. I found this hotel on the internet and chose by the ratings which were all good, so this lived up to its online reputation. I would recommend this hotel to friends and would definitely book again. It is only about 100 yards from the wonderful Bournemouth beach and within easy walking distance of the BIC and town centre.

Room Tip: The standard room was very good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GlynMack
Reviewed 31 July 2014

It’s hard these days to find a good hotel in Bournemouth (that will make me popular with the other hotels) as the standard has dropped over the last few years. When trawling the internet for a one night stay I found this hotel and booked three rooms and hoped it would be as described.
The hotel is very good, the staff are welcoming, polite and extremely helpful, rooms are smart, comfortable and spotless, beds are good and the little touch of a folded sheet on the end of the bed for use if the duvet was to hot was most welcome in 27 degrees of heat.
We had two smaller doubles with walk in shower and a one large double with role top bath and walk in shower all of adequate size, wardrobes could be a bit bigger as don’t offer a lot of space just enough space for a one or two night stay.
Bar is light and smart the selection of drinks is good and a fairly priced wine list was most welcome.
Restaurant food was the only real negative maybe trying to bat above their weight, all three main dishes had some cooked and some seriously under cooked food on the same plate, lack of sauces was also apparent which were desperately needed to bring the plate together. My first and last experience I hope of slowly cooked pig cheeks served dry, were was the lovely cooking sauce?
I would have no hesitation booking this hotel on my next trip to Bournemouth and recommending it others

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family