“Value for money”
Review of The Roselyn Hotel

The Roselyn Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bournemouth
The Roselyn Hotel
Ranked #92 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Plymouth
“Value for money”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently in room 9 which is at the top of the house. The room was fairly spacious with plenty of drawers and wardrobes. The bed was huge and everything was clean. It was quite quiet with the windows closed but when open there is some road noise. The welcome was excellent and it is conveniently situated near a parade of shops, bars and restaurants about 5 minutes walk away. Breakfast was freshly cooked and very good.
The downside is that the room was quite tired. If you are fussy and a fault finder don't stay here. Things like misted up double glazing, taps that moved on the sink, shaving light that blinked, towel rail not fixed to the wall and so on. We had a good stay though and excellent for the price.

Room Tip: If you like a big bed room 9 is the place to stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
west sussex uk
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights as a birthday present for me, the owners were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. We had a huge bed which was extremely comfortable, the pillows were too hard for me personally but my partner said he had the best nights sleep ever apart from his own bed! The breakfast was freshly cooked and we had as much toast as we liked. It made a nice change from staying in a big hotel.
There is a nice little bar in the lounge and the dining room was nice as everyone said "Good Morning" to each other and we had some nice chats with other guests.
Very clean rooms, cleaned every day by the owner herself.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed at The Roselyn Hotel recently for a single night on business. I arrived earlier than originally planned but was greeted warmly upon arrival. There is a small car park at the front which I used.

The room I had was right at the top of the house/hotel which was up two flights of stairs. Which might not be suitable for everyone, although there were only two rooms this far up.

The room was clean with a large comfortable bed, wardrobe, desk etc. It was en suite, but this is quite small, therefore the sink was in the room itself. This was no major issue though. There were some small signs of wear and tear, but nothing much, certainly better than a lot of budget hotels and b&b's I've stayed at. I had a good nights sleep with very little outside noise even though I left the window open.

Breakfast was served in the "front room" of the house. Cereals and juice provide and a full english cooked to order if desired. Breakfast was tasty and filling.

Overall it was an enjoyable stay with bars and shops only a two minute walk away.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top are nice and quiet if you can put up with the stairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Great small hotel. Friendly owners. Great breakfast. Clean and comfortable. Our room was small mainly due to a huge bed and a very small shower room. This was absolutely fine for our 2 night stay. We weren't in the area to stay in our room. Bed was extremely comfortable and we enjoyed a night cap in the bar. Really convenient for Westbourne Village easily walkable with great choice of restaurants. Bournemouth and Poole town centres a bit further away but easy to get to by car or by buses which run outside.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Superb little hotel, located west of Bournemouth centre in Westbourne, your hosts are very welcoming and make you feel at home, the rooms are en suite clean and fresh, tea / coffee flat screen TV, breakfast is good enough to keep you going all day, when you come back in the evening relax at the bar with a cold beer or a refreshing G&T.(well priced too)

OK, so it is not the Ritz, but for an affordable small hotel you get all of the personal touches without all the expences.

Room Tip: Room 5 is a good size double but the shower is a bit small.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My Boyfriend and I have just returned from a Long weekend away and stayed at the Roselyn Hotel and loved it !
From the minute we arrived on the friday afternoon to the minute we left on the Monday Morning we were made to feel really welcome- so much so that I came down for Breakfast in my PJ's as I felt so at home- Breakfast is the most amazing Breakfast I've ever had and served with either Tea Or Coffee.
Nice bar so if you have been out and about for the day and fancy unwinding with a tipple of your choice it's ideal!
Our Bedroom was a nice size- Boyfriend and I are both small so any larger and we'd lose each other- 2 Beds- 1 single which I made the old man sleep in and I had the Double one all to myself which was Bliss as it's the most comfortable bed I have ever slept it and a good sized En Suite !
Ideally Located in the WestBourne area of Bournemouth but a short walk up to the main High Street and you can pick up a Yellow Bus which will take you to Bournemouth and pick up the Yellow Bus on the opposite side of the road and you can go into Poole.
Really enjoyed our stay and would book again as the welcome we received was wonderful!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple