Sandy Bay Guest House
Ranked #46 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I booked last minute to visit my mother is hospital who fell ill while in Bournemouth. Howard was standing at the door to greet me as I arrived - lovely first impression. Then he told me that, as he was not full he had upgraded me from a single to a double room - another nice surprise. He svn lent me an i-phone charger! Then I met his lovely family - all friendly and welcoming - even Milo the dog! 5 minutes walk to Boscombe pier and 2 minutes to the high strew shops - great location. THEN I experienced breakfast - now that's what I call a breakfast! Look at the photo! Ignore the old reviews as Howard and Sharron only took over this year. I shall be staying here again!

Room Tip: Bathroom was quite small but immaculately clean. They have updated it a little but it still has the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AAVisitor
howard g, Owner at Sandy Bay Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for your positive remarks about Sandy Bay,
your comments are much appreciated.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope your mother's health has improved
in time for Christmas.

We look forward to see you again next year !

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed with my young daughter and the greeting was fantastic, Okay we all originated from Yorkshire...... Anyway, the room was excellent, plenty of space and they even had hot chocolate available in the room, we enjoyed that. The breakfast was good, although we are more cereal and toast people than cooked breakfast. I have already booked the next two stays in Bournemouth and will stay here as often as possible. I have spent 4 years staying in hotels in Bournemouth and am happy to have found the best.

Room Tip: For a small family, Room 3 is fantastic place
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

4 of us stayed here for 1 night (2 rooms). Very pleasant place. Owners were really friendly, the rooms are quite spacious and clean. 10 minute walk from Boscombe beach. Would definately stay here again...

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We (a young couple with 3 guys) went for a little holiday in Bournemouth and found this B&B. The couple who ran it were very welcoming and very helpful when we asked places for places to go. Really nice breakfast and clean rooms. For £30 a night it was a good deal

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jonty B
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I have stayed here twice this summer as I was househunting & on both occassions have found the owners very friendly & helpful, my rooms comforable & spotlessly clean & the breakfast excellent. It is within easy walking distance of Boscombe beach & also close to the shops. All in all it's really good value for money

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tillstours
Reviewed 4 November 2011

When we arrived at the Sandy Bay Guest House the owners were very friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. The B&B is ideally located for the town and sea front. Breakfast was delicious and there was plenty of it! Overall, good value for money and I hope to return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank holliwebb
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed at the Sandy Bay hotel with my wife during September. I've stayed in a B&B at Bournemouth before so I knew what to expect. It was £70 for a Saturday night which at the time of booking was well-priced.

We had a very warm welcome and we were taken to our room straight away. Very friendly and efficient service without the annoying hassle you can sometimes get at B&Bs with over-friendly owners!

The breakfast was very nice with a massive pot of coffee and generous cooked breakfast food, and an abundance of toast!

The shower was quite powerful and the room was quite large. There was a flat screen TV and freeview which I didn't expect and although a few things like the plumbing were perhaps a little in need of TLC, but overall this was a pleasant stay, well priced for the weekend we stayed on and I would have no hesitation to book again or recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed fine although one on the top floor had a separate bathroom and wasn't strictly...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple