“Grotty food but excellent service”
Review of Good Earth - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have ordered takeaway from here several times because they are the only local Chinese which doesn't charge delivery. I may have to bite the bullet and pay up though because the food is pretty grotty and you don't get prawn crackers free over a certain order. They regularly deliver something which is unexpected e.g. their crispy shredded beef is actual slimy chunks of goop. It's cheaper than most other places but I guess you get what you pay for.
They always deliver quickly and are friendly. I just wish they would improve the standard of food. Maybe I'll try them again in a year.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I called in simply as we happened to be driving by when at a loose end as to what to do for a meal after visiting her sick Mother. We were very impressed by the friendly service, quality and value for money of the food and the very quick turnaround on top. We were not expecting any great shakes as the exterior is nothing special and, as others have said, the location is a bit peripheral, but do not be put off by these considerations. Recommended- we will use again when next in the area. There is a takeaway as well as a "sit down" service.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

This place has been around for years and stood the test of time. Great takeaway at very reasonable prices. Very often with cheaper Chinese takeaways everything tastes the same, not so here. Every dish is different and very tasty, I would definitely recommend the duck in plum sauce or the Spicy Chilli King Prawns. It's not central but well worth travelling the extra mile.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

This is a first rate 'small' family chinese restaurant. We eat there regularly and have taken friends and held staff functions there in the past.

Nothing is too much trouble and they are great when you have small children in the group.

This is outside the Town Centre but always welcoming. Their Take Away service is excellent and the menu has a great choice of quality dishes to choose from.

Having eaten elsewhere we always find ourselves comparing the food quality and content with The Good Earth and whilst we have been to many places with far more atmosphere and greater choice son the menu for sheer good food this is a restaurant that is hard to beat.

Keep up the quality..

Reviewed 30 September 2012

This is the best for takeaways in this area, good value and tasty food. the curry and chow mein especially good. Staff always polite