The Mayfair Hotel
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$120
  • Beachfront
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$97
US$89
US$129
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
The Suncliff Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$57
  • Beachfront
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$92
  • Pool
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$64
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$148
US$151
US$120
Priceline
US$92
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdance breakcoach tripbus stopsunday lunchdance floorbus servicebusy roadplenty of hot waterwaiting staffbit datedthird floorlounge areaan overnight stayfull english breakfasttown centreenjoyable stayone night stay
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Great customer service, clean comfortable family room for my husband myself and my 16 month old. Plenty of space for us to put the travel cot up and still move around. Bed was comfy. So glad we opted for half board, breakfast was lovely and dinner was equally as nice. They made a real fuss of my daughter, nothing was too much trouble. Prepared us packed lunches for our last day there. left car theere all day after checking out with no extra charge. Even with it being the weekend of the airshow. Will definitely be booking there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Liz D
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Myself and my girlfriend booked this hotel,(standard double room) for just 1 night at £75 on the Friday of a bank holiday weekend.
The room itself was clean and up to date ,though a little smaller than I had hoped for and the bed was comfortable enough.
The staff were friendly and helpful,and absolutely no problem with parking we were even allowed to leave the car there throughout the following day at no charge which was great. And the wifi works fine.
On the downside,the room (35) was very hot and we had to keep the windows open throughout the night-why more hotels don't install a/c I've no idea.
We were at the top so had to use the lift frequently,but I wouldn't recommend this if your either claustrophobic or a salad dodger. And the last thing is the shower head,it looks like a frying pan and never stayed in place because of its weight-complete waste of time(though it is still possible to have a decent shower.we skipped breakfast at £7.50 pp,go to wetherspoons instead at £3.15 pp
On the whole I would recommend this hotel,but for no more than a night or 2.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013

coach trip to mayfair hotel was excellent value for money food excellent staff well trained and the best weve encountered reckon the hotel chains could benefit by training their staff to this standard thanks to celsio our lookalike ronaldo keep up the good work anne and margaret

Room Tip: room 17quiet and plenty of space
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne S
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here once!

I were suppose to be staying at another hotel but they had over booked! (heathcliffe) so asked me if i would mind going around the corner and checking in here, they had supposedly already negotiated the same special rate that i received within there group every week, so off we went and upon arival were met with a bemused receptionist! no we dont have any special rates she said so we ended up re-negotiating again.
If the deal had been good i would have stayed again and again...........but it wasnt!
and an easy 2 mins walk
The rooms are quite nice and there is a small bar with quite nice decor and comfy seating area.

It is close to the center and a 2 minute walk.

The breakfast is so small i dont think a mouse would pass wind after it! a small egg, 1 slice of toast, a spoon of beans and a half rasher of bacon ( unless it were a small pig it came from )

There also seems to be a few coach trips here and the car park is small when its taken up by coaches!

However if you can skip breakfast its fair to say that the rooms are better than average for Bournemouth, its a shame breakfast spoilt the overall stay.

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife and I were invited to a family get together in Bournemouth, so we needed a hotel. Being August, not much was available, but the Mayfair was in our budget.

To summarise: for the budget, good value. We paid under £120 for the room at fairly short notice.

Our room and bathroom was spotlessly clean. We were made very welcome upon arrival. All staff we encountered were friendly and polite. The breakfast was great value at £7.50 a head. And, the communal areas were very tidy and comfy. A round of 4 drinks for £11 is great value for money.

But...first, a peculiarity...I was telephoned by the hotel at 5pm on our day of check-in asking if I was still staying with them. I'd paid for the room in full up front. So why telephone? The cynic in me said an opportunity to re-sell our room arose. Anyway...I confirmed we would be there around 6pm.

My observation with our room was that its very tired. Champagne bathroom suite probably dating from the late Eighties? Needed replacing, taps losing their chrome, bath surround cracked. The bed was a bit jumped in, a very noisy mattress made for a bit of a disturbed night. A new bathroom suite, a freshen up of the room, a new bed and more contemporary furniture would give the hotel another star.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family