“Short Holiday”
Review of The Mayfair Hotel

The Mayfair Hotel
Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Hotel food and service excellent. Location excellent with bus stops either side of road.Hotel within walking distance of shops and beach.Found hotel very warm with no air conditioning,most other facilities were adequate.

Room Tip: We had room 40 on top floor not very good lift only to floor 2
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wrexham6416

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed one night. Hotel is in a central location and we had a friendly welcome on check in. We had a double room on the first floor on the front. The room was average in terms of decor and amenities and very clean but boy was it HOT! Bearing in mind this was a warm weekend we were amazed to find the towel rail/radiator on in the bathroom (which also was right up against the toilet seat too) We needed to open the windows to try and cool the room but the trade off was the noise persistent throughout the night. The road was very busy - sirens, people, traffic. A poor nights sleep was the end result!
Breakfast was good - some fruits, cereals, yoghurts and then a cooked breakfast to order. It was not terribly busy but service although friendly could have been a bit more efficient.
All in all the hotel suited our purpose of a one night stay - comfortable and clean, but far too hot and noisy for us to get a decent nights sleep.

Room Tip: On the back would probably be quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TGBWorcestershire
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night, the room was clean and tidy, the stuff was helpfull and informative. The hotel itself is like a little maze, I liked the design as well and it was just a short walk to the Pier, that's all I'm after from a 3star hotel.
Thanks Mayfair!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed 1 night on Saturday 28th June 2014 with work colleagues 2 x twin rooms, no request for breakfast. The staff were friendly to an extent. Was not happy when requested to write down and leave my card details including my security pin number with staff which in my opinion could leave me open to any would be opportunist committing fraud (in no way saying the staff are crooks). I have stayed in many hotels and have never been asked to write ALL my card details down for the hotel to keep. Previous hotels have swiped my card beforehand as a fall back if damage was made to the rooms etc. which is standard procedure in many hotels which is absolutely fine by me.
The manager insisted, that was their policy and stated "I will refund your booking if you don't and you can find another hotel but this will be difficult for you" therefore putting me in a corner.
I stood my ground writing my card details down but not my security pin number which reluctantly the duty manager agreed too.
Does anybody else consider this odd or is it just me. Am I being over sensitive?

A simple stop over with the guys, the rooms were bog standard, plenty of hot water, towels and bedding. The rooms not dirty but not exceptionally clean either. Definitely not somewhere I would have stayed with my girlfriend, but you get what you pay for, however the only noise disturbance came from inside the room from my work colleague snoring and not from the outside.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Mark X
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Many thanks to everyone for yet another fantastic stay , keep up the good work ,food always hot and wholesome , staff all very friendly . Have had coach parties to this hotel for a few years and can not fault a thing .

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 6 June 2014

On the 31st may 2014 my partner and I held our gay wedding at the Mayfair hotel. The day was amazing and exceeded all expectations.
We started looking at wedding venues last feb, and we were won over by the hotels friendliness and professionalism. The wedding co-ordinator Soy put us both at ease and was very friendly at welcoming.she listened to all our ideas and was helpful in putting these into motion.
Leading up to the day itself Soy was only a phone call away.All staff at the hotel,from reception to bar staff always had a smile on their faces and have lovely way of making you feel you are the VIP guests.
The day itself ran like clockwork,although still feeling a relaxed atmosphere. Again, the staff were very friendly and made all of guests feel very welcome,nothing seemed too much trouble.The food was absolutely incredible and everyone (even the vegetarian guests) were extremely impressed.
A lot of our guests stayed the weekend including the night before and everyone was happy with their rooms.
We had an amazing wedding at the Mayfair and personally we would give it 5 stars for its hospitality!!thank you Soy and all staff.
Emma and Anna

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna J
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just back from our second year at the Mayfair. Our dance group spent 5 days there last week. It was lovely, all the staff were brilliant, so helpful and efficient. The food was lovely, accommodation was A1 just wish we could have stayed longer. We will definately be back again.

Room Tip: All good, lots of stairs though to the higher rooms if you dont like using the small lift.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends