having stayed at the roal bath hotel last weekend I feel I must write to worn others not to venture to this has been bed and breakfast.
on arrival the queue to park was half way up the hill the porter Brett pointed out jokingly apparently better to go to the pay and display would save 45 minute wait and £12 a night.
When we got to reception the place was in turmoil 3 staff on duty but about 11 couples already waiting. We decided to go to the bar for a drink until it quietened down, This was a mistake the place only had about 20 people in it but we could find no bar staff at all about 5 mins later a young lady turned up and did apologise saying she was on her own and had to run off to get food for guests and the other staff were either on a break or just seemed to vanish. We had our drinks at last and at great expense.
We returned to the reception and at last it was a bit easier to get seen the receptionist was lovely with a warm greeting Marta I think check in was efficient only problem was the directions to our room 372 after about 10 mins we did find what can only be described as a goods lift it was not level and my partner nearly hit his head on the back mirrored wall as he tripped up into the lift about 3 inches approx. we arrived at our floor and went to our room but however that was as far as we could go due to the door lock not working.We had to traipse all the way back to reception as their were no hall phones. We were given new cards and told a maintenance guy would meet us at the room.
We returned and still the card would not work a couple of mins later a young scottish man turned up after trying our cards that still did not work he did let us in with his card saying this is a problem with a few doors and not to worry he will get it sorted. When we got in the room it was sweltering so went to open windows but for some reason their were no handles this was stupid we phoned reception to report this and was told once again maintainence would be along to sort it out for us we were offered a fan though. 5 mins later the same guy yurned up told us their was nothing he could do as this had been ongoing since he had started. Well after that we were resigned to our fate.
their was no pay movies, wi fi did not work shower was so weak i could spit with more power.
We went out for dinner and when we got back we could not get into our room we saw a housekeeper who let us in and said they would inform reception about this we heard nothing more.
Breakfast would have been lovely if only we did not have to wait 20 mins and then the drinks were cold the food abissmal and the service was none existant plenty of staff but not actually doing anything much.
All I can say is guess what back to our room to pack and yes unable to get into the room the maid phoned reception from another room even her card would not work this time. Same guy turned up tried to get in but couldnot seemed unable to know much at all had to phone a chap who had retired for help this was in front of us. whilst talking we heard him say it was a guy who left the week before who he blames for stuffing the door locks. we eventually got in half an hour we could not wait to get out of the hovel never to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Lastminute, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth