“Not worth the money”

Royal Bath Hotel & Spa
Ranked #58 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Our room looked as it has not been touched since the 60's, the service was poor at best. The whole hotel apart form the pool area needs a complete overhall. A 4 star hotel with no air conditioning? The food was terrible but a good Prezzo across the road thou. Don't bother with room service as you need to call then at least twice and then wait an age. After paying £280 a night then been asked £20 on top for parking is a liitle OTT. At very best a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
RoyalBath, General Manager at Royal Bath Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

Dear TA65 thank you for taking the time to feedback to us after your recent stay; however due to the level of your disappointment I am concerned that this was not addressed whilst you were still here in the hotel so we could have resolved this for you, in particular with regards to the food as we pride ourselves on our menus and I am sorry to learn that your dining experience was so very poor that you felt a highstreet chain would serve a better offering as this is not indicative of our usual high quality standards, also you have mentioned the level of service and standard of your room, it would be really useful to have more of an insight into your experience so we can resolve this for you and ensure that we move forward. If you have the time to contact my PA Kerry at: kerry.mcdonagh@devere-hotels.com I would welcome the opportunity to investigate this respond to you personally.

Reviewed 31 May 2011

I booked this for my parents staying on DBB basis. I went for the day to visit them and I saw the disappointment on their faces straight away. The room was really basic and dated. They had been asked to pay the £20 car parking fee which I had pre-paid along with the accommodation and dinner as it was a present for them. The Dinner was really small portions and not great quality food, the service was awful three different waiters came to take their order. Would not recommend or return. Dinner menu was not available until 6:30pm when service started!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
RoyalBath, General Manager at Royal Bath Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2011

Dear Duff15, I am sorry that your parents didn’t enjoy their stay. As I am sure you would agree the best way to help resolve genuine issues is at the time so we can correct any shortfalls there may be. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case. We do have a selection of dining outlets open all day should our parents have wished to dine sooner, our Beachside Restaurant is open from 9am all day, our bars are open from 8am all day serving food indoors and out, room service is also available all day, it is only the fine dining restaurant that is not open to 6.30pm. should you wish to discuss this further with me please contact my PA at kerry.mcdonagh@devere-hotels.com or 01202 555 555. Kind Regards Paul Spencer

Reviewed 27 May 2011

We chose the Royal Bath to stay overnight to celebrate my wifes birthday, as we first met there 39 years ago, and it did not let us down.Starting with a swim in the leisure suite,a very nice meal in the restaurant followed by a very pleasant evening in the bar, it was all top class.After a good nights sleep in our sea view room it was down for a superb breakfast with everything you could want and all very fresh.We had a walk round the gardens after that and both felt that we should return soon.Well done The Royal Bath

Room Tip: Try the second floor for a better view
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank billyval74
RoyalBath, General Manager at Royal Bath Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2011

You absolutely should come back soon, we would be delighted to welcome you back. A real pleasure to read your postitive feedback and to learn that you and your wfie met here 39 years ago and that the Royal Bath holds such fond memories for you, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2011

Friends and I recently stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights as we were on a leisure break playing golf in the area. The staff were particularly courteous and pleasant. The food in Oskars restaurant was delicious and again the staff were particularly attentive. The beds offered a wonderful nights sleep, they were large and very comfortable. We could walk directly from the hotel onto the beach, via a small access route and so some rooms had excellent views of the coast. We even found time to use the swimming pool and steam room which was just right. I would use this venue again. Thank you for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank chrismperkins

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay with us at the Royal Bath hotel and I shall pass your feedback onto our chefs and restuarant team in particular. Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2011

The service was awful from start to finish. The location was great. Not worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay, I am sincerely disappointed to learn of your concerns about the level of service you have noted as I have a dedicated team that strive to deliver a high level of service to all of our guests and your exerience is not indicative of our usual service offerings. Would you be so kind to email my PA Kerry: kerry.mcdonagh@devere-hotels.com to be more specific as to the areas of your concern as this will allow us to use your valued feedback to move forwards.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

I booked this hotel before reading any reviews. Luckily the hotel actually lived up to It's 4* rating. The fact that there is a 24 hour car park next to he hotel is a big plus, which made checking in much easier. The wqlk to the room was quite far but the bell hop helped us with our bags. The breakfast buffet is very generous with a wide selection of foods. Well worth it. The view of the garden from the restaurant itself is beautiful, looking into the garden. The back garden of the hotel opens right onto the beach. The room itself was small but he bed was a king size which as very comfortable. Unfortunately the room was slightly hot but we had a balcony so we opened the door onto it.

• Stayed: April 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback, I am delighted that you valued our 4* service, I am pleased that you were impressed with the breakfast offerings ands that our porters were most helpful upon your arrival.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and had a fabulous stay - beautiful, clean room with lovely linen and toiletries and an incredible view of the impressive hotel gardens and Bournemouth beach.
Had a very friendly welcome from the porters, who immediately looked after my car and a very quick, friendly and efficient check in, before having lugguage assistance to my room.
Breakfast on both mornings was a treat - one of the best hotel breakfasts I have experienced with an impressive selection of food and the lovely touch of an egg chef!
The whole hotel had a warm and welcoming feel to it, with helpful and friendly staff.
Would recommend to anyone and would especially advise anyone who visits to have a meal at Cafe Prom, which has the most spectacular views!
Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank tsj17

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay. I am pleased to learn you had such a positive stay and that it was sunny for you to dine at our cafe prom overlooking the sea. I shall pass on you positive feedback to our chefs and housekeeping team.We hope to welcome you back next time you are on business.