Great location being only a few minutes walk from beach and town centre.
Large secluded garden and well maintained and equipped leisure centre complete with indoor pool. Large breakfast room and equally large comfortable lounge.
Really extensive selection at breakfast – absolutely nothing omitted. We didn’t have the evening dinner option included in our tariff.
In our experience the staff were all friendly and obliging.
Our bedroom was well decorated with easy chairs and a modern bathroom.
The hotel was very clean and the sheets and towels were changed frequently.
However, we thought that the £20 per day car parking charge was excessive. We didn’t like the idea of parking overnight in the public car park across the road, so we hunted around to find free parking in a side-street. It was hassle we could have done without and would willingly have paid nearer £10. Also the drinks in the lounge were slightly overpriced – had they been a little cheaper we would have been tempted to linger longer.
Overall we found it to be a comfortable and relaxing hotel which we would certainly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Bath Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth