stayed at the royal bath whilst going to a local wedding, about 5 rooms we booked.Stayed here many times over theyears, yes things have changed. First impressions great location and good sized rooms with good facilities. The staff are a little under trained but make up for in friendly faces and helping when ever they can. The days of staying in a hotel like this at the rates they are changing and expecting 5 /4 star service are long gone, its a
bit like going to debenhams and expecting harrods its not going to happen.
We had a bit of trouble getting a late drink which they need to address, but all in a good stay.
Myfriends looked at trip advisor before we came and we all agreed you get what you pay for.
If you want to come to bournemouth to enjoy the town and views and have a comfortable stay
the royal bath is great. if you want 5 star book the chewton glen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth