We have stayed at the Royal Bath Hotel many times over the last decade. We arrived on the early May Bank Holiday Sunday having paid for an early check-in but the room was not availalble until after 2pm. Staffing levels were low and service very slow. We ordered sandwiches to be left in our room whilst we went to see a show at the Pavilion so we could eat later in the evening, but they were not delivered.
We had a couple of days of very good weather so were able to sunbathe in the lovely garden, but service was still slow,eg, it took 2 days to get extra pillows in our room. Breakfast was cold, poorly staffed and with poor quality. Stopped drinking the coffee and the orange juice was poor. Someone kept changing the settings on the toaster, so it was either black or just warm bread!
In summary, a resonable hotel with a very good location but only go on a good deal and do not expect the best of service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Bath Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth