My partner and I stayed at the Royal Bath hotel a few months back. I can assure you we will not return, and as word of mouth goes we will not advise anybody to stay at this hotel.
It is Dirty, needs updating, We attended the hotel on a deal, The deal included:
• 1 night stay
• 2 course set meal with bottle of wine
• Breakfast included
When booking the room, I was offered to pay a extra £20 for a sea view room which I refused, however we got a sea view anyway - lucky you might say - look at the pictures attached and we were not lucky - also if we had paid the £20 where would have gone?
When arriving at the hotel, the concierge was shouting over everybody to the receptionist regarding the parking of cars outside the hotel
On the offer it stated a 2 course meal. What we received was a buffet. At reception When checking in, we were offered to pay an extra £5 for a 3rd course - again if we had paid the £5 where would have gone - thats £25 extra the hotel would have had out of us for no reason.
we were also told that there were limited spaces left in the dining hall so we could only eat at 9pm. We arrived for dinner at 8pm on the hope that there were some free tables, we asked the member of staff if we can be seated early, to the response of ‘you don’t have to book’ and there was loads of tables free.
The room was really dirty. looked like it hadn't been cleaned for months
• Dirty fingerprints over the light switches, dirty tissue box in the toilet – I wiped this with my finger and you can see this has not been cleaned in a while.
• There was a black layer of dust over the spare toilet role, so this had not been changed in a while.
• Big clumps of dust behind the bed head rest
• What looks like urine stains on the mattress
• Dirt swept into the corner of the bathroom
• Dirt that we cleaned with a wipe from the windowsill
The bedside glass table that was practically falling apart
I felt like we were treated like second class citizens because we were on a deal! The male receptionist seemed to have the ‘can’t be bothered’ attitude was not very welcoming bordering rude.
I wrote to the hotel and the response from the Hotel Manager was useless - they quoted:
'With the deal offer we offered an all you can eat three course buffet which included tea and coffee. A two course set menu can be interpreted either way and we feel we went the extra mile in offering even more value.'
I can assure you they did not go the extra mile, and in my experience a two course set meal is a two course set meal not a buffet..
My advise is to stay well clear of this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Stayforlong S.L., Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Bath Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth