such a beautiful location but this hotel was really disappointing. For a start the hotel car park cost £20 per day!!! Local car parks were expensive at £12.50 for 24 hours but we were horrified at their £20. Bedrooms were fine, maid banging on the door at 8.30 was not. Breakfast was dull and unimaginative and tea was served from a thermos by the waiter. Need I tell you how bad it tasted. Sort out some teapots Royal Bath please! The evening meal was tasteless. Price wise, it wasn't bad, but we were not sure how the chef managed to produce a totally tasteless Prawn Cocktail. Finally, the gardens were lovely and well tended and we were blessed with great weather - but- the cushions on the lounging chairs had lost their ties so the cushions just slipped off when you sat down and you couldn't sit on the wooden chairs as the seagulls had got there first. I asked at Reception whether they could be cleaned and was told they would be, but 2 days later nothing had happened. All of these things could be fixed so easily (apart from sacking the chef!) so why not Royal Bath??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Easy Market Spa, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Bath Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth