We grabbed a Groupon deal for one night, we have stayed at this hotel previously prior to the 'Brittania Group' now owning it. Nothing has changed regarding the hotel itself but the staff are definately better and much more accomadating. Gary the valet was so friendly and helpful, and under such pressure at peak change over times. The hotel in its day must have been spectacular and could be again, but knowing the 'Britannia Group' it will stay very basic and under staffed. Thats their business plan and it works for them, albeit a shame to see it turned into another bargin basement hotel. Brittania please make it your flagship hotel and bring back the glamour!
Other points are that the buffet was inedible due to the fact that there were so few people staying at the hotel that the food was sitting under heat lamps for hours prioir to being eaten.
For what we paid i think it was fair, yes I'd return but it won't be our first choice, it needs bringing into the 21st century and yet bringing back the glamour and style of days gone by.
Oh the parking charges are far too expensive!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Bath Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth