Don't even look at the hotel when you pass it. Disappointed is the right word. I wish I had listened to everyone when they said this hotel had gone down the drain.
The valet parking never showed and after 30 mins of being in the room and coming down to go out for dinner our very expensive car was still sat outside, along with someone else's and I had to specifically ask for the valet and got an attitude in return like I was asking to put my diamonds and fur in the hotel safe!
On top of going downstairs there were, what looked like, two homeless people wrapped in blankets in the hall way. Maybe the valet was cold.
The hotel decor is extremely outdated and room directions are sometimes labelled funny.
The room was appalling ( see pictures), it's not a real four poster bed, the furnishings are old, chipped, stained and general tatty and out of place. The entire bedroom floor creaked, you can't access the wifi as the page doesn't load properly, I tired 4 times.
There is no water for the night or morning and the noise from outside, which we think were wheely bins were a pain.
Overall it isn't worth any bodies money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth