Just thought I needed to jot down a few thoughts on this 4-star establishment.
My partner & I received a gift voucher for a weekday night here. As she's from Poole next door & knew of the Hotel, which she had passed many times in her youth & wondered what it would be like, it being considered one of Bournemouth's premiere hotels, we jumped at the chance.
It certainly is an impressive building with valet parking available, large rooms with balconies & lovely sea views, however that's as far as it went for us.
Whether the service & food allowed for the fact that we were there on the cheap I don't know, but it was no better than your average 2 or 3 star place. The menu was uninspiring, the cooking & service average, indeed I've had better at travel lodges. The bed seemed large but was 2 singles put together. At first sight the decor was impressive, but with a closer look you could see it was tired & needed some TLC. During an insipid breakfast with re-heated food & drink the staff were moving furniture around arranging for a function later in the day. If we had been paying full rates I would have complained then & there. This was not a 4-star experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Bath Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth