On arrival the hotel couldn't find my reservation so I had to wait 45 minutes for them to find it, in that time I heard guest after guest complain on everything from a room with no windows to leaking taps and refusing to eat in the hotel as their experience was so bad. The staff seem utterly clueless and the maintenance staff seem to have gone awol. Charging to use a credit or debit card is a disgrace. My room near the pool stinks of chlorine and is the size of a stamp. On my way out to dinner I could hear the shouting between the reception staff and yet another unhappy guest halfway down the corridor. This was once a beautiful hotel now it's just poorly run and shabby, what a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth