“Oh dear oh dear”

Royal Bath
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Oh dear oh dear”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

On arrival the hotel couldn't find my reservation so I had to wait 45 minutes for them to find it, in that time I heard guest after guest complain on everything from a room with no windows to leaking taps and refusing to eat in the hotel as their experience was so bad. The staff seem utterly clueless and the maintenance staff seem to have gone awol. Charging to use a credit or debit card is a disgrace. My room near the pool stinks of chlorine and is the size of a stamp. On my way out to dinner I could hear the shouting between the reception staff and yet another unhappy guest halfway down the corridor. This was once a beautiful hotel now it's just poorly run and shabby, what a shame.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank IHGtravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (800)
Seaview, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Husband and I had 4 nights at the Royal Bath to unwind following our daughters wedding. We had a problem with the windows not closing when we arrived and were immediately moved to a new room which had views over the gardens and to the sea. Clean room, good breakfast, helpful staff, yes its a bit tired round the edges but for the price we paid we had no complaints at all. Good position for getting around Bournemouth

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel overlook the gardens and sea. Front bedrooms overlook the road and its busy a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen B
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

my partner and I recently spent a romantic break at the royal bath hotel in Bournemouth , the hotel has that old warm feeling about it and nice touches like when you park outside the porter will collect your bags and take them into the hotel for you while you go and check in , nice touch , the room we had was very nice with a sea view , the food was amazing , so I decided to treat my partner to a spa day a full body massage , nails all the trimmings , before she had her treatment we used the pool , seam room and hot tub , this is where things started to go wrong , first the pool we felt was on the cold side so was the hot tub , I went to see the leisure manager was like talking to a wall , all he said was no body else has complained I felt this fell on deaf ears , I get the feeling all he wanted to do was to get back to talking to his staff , so it was now time for my partners treatment , all I could think about was please please be good , well the look on my partners face said it all , she said it was one of the best massages she has ever has well it must have been good because she fell asleep , the therapist whos name is Claire was outstanding in every way she looked the part very very professional explained everything to my partner every part of the treatment very polite, I must say we will return to the royal bath, but only for myself to have a massage from Claire , she is a credit to the hotel , as for the leisure manager he could with a course on talking to people .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My boyfriend decided to book us a hotel room which he required to have a balcony attached to as well. When we got to the hotel, however, we searched for the room for around half an hour as there were no clear directions to it. As when we had found it, the room was tiny, had no balcony which we required for another £20 on top of the price we were normally expected to pay. No hair dryer like it said it'd have in the brochure on the desk, and also having to fill up the kettle with water from the bath as there was no proper drinking water provided. I felt disappointed and let down because what we originally wanted never became the reality we expected and we were left with a mediocre room.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Amycharr

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We visited this hospital on a deal that included a mini manicure or facial, bottle of wine, afternoon tea, buffet dinner, breakfast and overnight stay. It was a lovely hotel and the food was great. Excellent value for the money we paid. Great location, our room had a sea view. Would love to go again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Islington London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before, the rooms are large and quite old fashioned but lovely and the room we stayed in had the sea view the sound of the sea at night was really lovely. The staff are pleasant and the bed was really comfortable, breakfast was self service but really nice food.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view higher up in the hotel 3 4 floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel expecting a 4 star service ,very disappointed should have been 1 star rating .staff had a take it or leave it attitude ,hotel living in the past as Oscar Wilde was the last celebrity guest to stay here and he said ,even then 'either the wallpaper goes or I go '
The parking was very expensive at the hotel , best park next door for £12.50 24 hrs, The swimming pool looks like it should be closed down and the hotel will charge you for the use and use of towels if you dare enter. The hotel could be good ,as in good location but needs complete revamp . Book at you peril.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family