Royal Bath Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
  • Pool
The Suncliff Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$109
US$230
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$145
US$135
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Ramada Encore Bournemouth(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$98
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$180
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$129
Royal Exeter Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$225
US$194
Priceline
3,090 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My friend and I found a deal to stay here on groupon, it included a 30 minute spa treatment, afternoon tea, and a three course meal with a bottle of wine.
We arrived at 1.45pm to make sure we had time to attend our treatment at 2, to discover to park at the hotel costs £20, not stated anywhere on the website or on groupon, so we had to search around for a parking space, being Easter holidays this was not very easy, so had to park then walk 10 minutes to the hotel, eventually got to our treatment, to be sat down and told to wait for a while, eventfully called for our treatment, which lasted 10
minutes, not the stated 30 minutes.
We then went to find a better parking space arriving back at the hotel at 3pm to go and check in to be told our room was not yet ready, no apology just told to wait, so we decided to have the afternoon tea then.
We went and sat down and were completely ignored by the waiter, so I went over and asked and he said it would take a while for the afternoon tea to arrive, so he gave us our tea and we waited for 25 minutes... Just for some scones and take to be put on a cake stand?!! We asked for some more tea, instead of giving us a fresh pot he just put more hot water on the old bags, so the tea wasn't drinkable. And we weren't prepared to pay £8 for a fresh pot, as we thought with most afternoon tea you would get fresh bags anyway.
We then went back to reception to see if our room was ready, after the 5 minute journey to our room we discovered our key card wasn't working, I walked back to reception to be rudely told oh you're obviously not
doing it right, what you need to do is slide it down then bring it back up slowly, in a very patronising tone. I explained we had tried both key cards and both wouldn't work, so she asked someone to help us, it was the waiter from the restaurant who was playing on his phone the whole was to the room, he then couldn't open the door without hitting it open hard.
We then went for our "three course meal" to find that it was a hot plate and you just go and help yourself to food, and the bottle of wine was clearly very cheap vinegary wine that had probably been decanted from another bottle and put into a more expensive looking one.
Everytime we tried to get into our room it took about 10 minutes, and still we had to kick it fairly hard for it to actually open.
When we checked out we told them about this and we didn't get a single apology, no how was your stay have a nice day, just okay you're checked out now bye. Most unwelcoming experience of my life.
I think it is absolutely disgusting that it is £4 a day if you want to use the swimming Poole, and park in an already expensive hotel.
I thought the whole point of these groupon deals were to get correct interpretation of the hotel and pay more money to want to go back!!!!
I would not recommend this hotel to anyway.
Disgusting staff.

• Stayed: April 2014
7  Thank Soph992
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I checked in on Saturday 12th April at around 5.30pm. There were six receptionists standing around having a chat and continued even when I was standing at the desk.

The room was tiny, unclean, and very noisy as all the walls were stud walls so you could practically hear the person next door breathing.

The staff were unhelpful and clueless so I checked straight out and went to another hotel just a short walk up the road which was much, much better.

Avoid this hotel at all costs.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here. That's my tip!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Christoot
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Rooms tired but beds very comfy, we had a suite so had 2 adjoining rooms which were of good size - windows blown though so couldn't see out of most of them and huge crack in one. Shower was laughably bad. We had dinner in Oscar's restaurant. Service was amazingly slow - we were in there for over 2 hours for 2 courses and food was not particularly hot and not great. Wouldn't eat there again. Breakfast however was really very good. Following dinner we went into the lounge for a coffee only to find out you can't have a hot beverage after 9.30pm unless you make one in your room!!! I actually thought that was funny albeit infuriating. Kettle in the room is in a cupboard and the coffee and tea had not been replenished, we asked for some but it never arrived. Towels in the bathroom threadbare. On the whole staff helpful but didn't really know the in's and out's of it's running. Wouldn't go back or recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DorsetNutkin
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

On arrival the hotel couldn't find my reservation so I had to wait 45 minutes for them to find it, in that time I heard guest after guest complain on everything from a room with no windows to leaking taps and refusing to eat in the hotel as their experience was so bad. The staff seem utterly clueless and the maintenance staff seem to have gone awol. Charging to use a credit or debit card is a disgrace. My room near the pool stinks of chlorine and is the size of a stamp. On my way out to dinner I could hear the shouting between the reception staff and yet another unhappy guest halfway down the corridor. This was once a beautiful hotel now it's just poorly run and shabby, what a shame.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank IHGtravel
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Husband and I had 4 nights at the Royal Bath to unwind following our daughters wedding. We had a problem with the windows not closing when we arrived and were immediately moved to a new room which had views over the gardens and to the sea. Clean room, good breakfast, helpful staff, yes its a bit tired round the edges but for the price we paid we had no complaints at all. Good position for getting around Bournemouth

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel overlook the gardens and sea. Front bedrooms overlook the road and its busy and noisy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple