We stayed here for two days as part of a national conference. I was concerned having read previous reviews although I have to say that the hotel wasn't as bad as I feared. The public areas were fine and comfortable and there was a large selection available for the buffet breakfast. Our room (217 in the west wing) had been refurbished recently but after this things were not so good. The room was very cold and condensation formed on the windows leaving a damp atmosphere. When I informed reception that the radiators were not working I was told that the heating in the hotel had been turned off for the summer. Note that this was 27th April! There was also a lot of noise in the room from the banging of corridor doors at all hours. Car parking is very expensive at £20/day and is much cheaper in the public car park next door and I really think that asking people to check out by 10 on a Sunday is an outdated hotel practice. The hotel is trying to improve standards but it needs to try harder to meet contemporary expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth