Have stayed here several times this year.
Like all hotels not everything is perfect everytime one visits. Having said that it is still my favourite place to stay in this part of the world.
Rooms - good to excellent
Service - excellent
Food - only eaten in the Brasserie - when the main restaurant was closed for a wedding. Sad to say the food that night was not good at all. Which encouraged me to venture outside the hotel for the rest of my stays.
Car Parking - Nice idea but £20 is a lot to pay per day when even the public car park over the road is significantly cheaper. If they charged an overnight rate instead of a flat 24 hour rate it would be better for a lot of visitors - especially business people.
Still, good clean rooms, lifts that work, hall porterage which is very helpful.... as were the reception staff.
I will happily stay there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth