Royal Bath Hotel & Spa
Hotel Piccadilly(Bournemouth)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Celebrity(Bournemouth)
3,090 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I recently enjoyed a two night stop here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I've been visiting Bournemouth all of my life and have often shuffled past the Royal Bath and been in envy of the lucky few who could enjoy its [original] 5* billing.
It may no longer be 5* but much of the original charm is still in evidence and the rooms are a good size, and ours was well appointed and had a sea-view.
The ambience was lovely, and - having stopped in perhaps half of all of the hotels in this sunny town I can vouch that few can match the RBH for grandeur, and none can beat its position, Right in the centre of town, overlooking the beach, the pier, and with superb views out to Purpeck and Studland Bay.
For the money it was excellent value, and whilst some aspects of the hotel clearly have room for either a coat of paint or improvement, nevertheless it's still a super spot.
Staff were friendly and attentive, the leisure centre was well worth a session [note: £4 per person charge for using the pool], the food that we sampled was good, and breakfast was plentiful and varied.
Only a couple of minus comments, the gardens desperately need the attentions of a keen and committed gardener. They just looked a tad unloved, which is a shame because the setting is wonderful.
Lastly - and through no fault of the hotel itself, the keen pricing has sadly brought this lovely establishment into the realms of the cursed 'stag' and / or 'hen party' crowd. So don't be surprised [as we unfortunately were] to find the regal bar[s] full of the aforementioned.
Anyway - we were impressed with the place and we'll be returning.

Room Tip: If you can afford it - get a sea-view room, they're large and well equipped.
3  Thank M0rpheus
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I thought it was a good hotel and seemed very plush and grand. Admittedly I was only there one fairly brief night (arrived after 9.00 pm, left the following morning at 7.00 am) but I was impressed with my room, nice size the bed was very comfortable and clean, good facilities and the bathroom/shower was excellent, again all very clean. The one thing I didn't like was the noisy traffic outside on the busy road (which wasn't the hotel's fault) but I had been told beforehand it was an inland facing room so I half expected it. I had a slight issue with the key card which did get sorted after a little while, reception seemed pretty busy most of the time but the porter was very helpful indeed. The location was brilliant right near the sea front, I stayed there to go the BIC for my daughter's cheerleading competition (5 minute walk away). I don't know if I was just lucky with my room but I would definitely stay here again, without hesitation.

Room Tip: Not really sure
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Francoise R
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I know Bournemouth hotels really don't have to try very hard but I think a minimum level of quality, customer care and comfort is required. Long waits for reception service, indifferent front of house staff were a portend of a poor stay. A very tired and ill matched room, with various faults (lights, phone) located in a very poorly signposted corridor made us feel very uncomfortable. Never again.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement, windowless rooms at all costs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank jobojek
Reviewed 11 July 2014

So I was given the gift of going down to Bournemouth with my boyfriend with two nights stay at the royal bath hotel. I was pretty anxious upon arrival as I had read all the bad reviews written, but I knew that I should go in with no expectations therefore I wouldn't be disappointed.

We got a taxi from the train station, this cost us £5 which was not bad at all. We arrived and it looked so grande! An absolutely beautiful hotel - of course a little dated but this was the beauty, it is a very old hotel.

After finding our room which wasn't at all that difficult (it's all sign posted) we then went down to the bar - which was of course priced at hotel rates. Met some lovely people, the bar staff were a good laugh, and wished me happy birthday. Lovely lovely staff, Lovely hotel situated in the best area, a walk away from the beach, and shops/bars. Room number 518 was a lovely size, and the sea view was perfect. All in all we want to go again, and was the best stay.

With all these reviews, you really have to make your own mind up- I personally think every one is quite harsh. If you're kind to the staff, they will be kind to you, and don't go if you're expecting some modern hotel, there is beauty with it's age. All I can say is from the reviews I hear that some rooms don't have windows? I would ask for a Window room and you'll be A-OK.

Hope this helps. Great Stay. Brilliant Birthday.

Room Tip: I hear that some rooms don't have windows? I would ask for a Window room and you'll be A-OK.
7  Thank Amy A
Reviewed 11 July 2014

£200 per night excluding breakfast - they have got to be joking. Poky / old bathroom, no car parking available when we got there, very tired looking hotel, very thin walls - could hear the drunks coming in late next door, useless staff, horrible cold breakfast, couldn't even get a decent cup of tea. The only good thing were the sheets were clean.

Room Tip: Don't bother
5  Thank John121999