The hotel itself is a rather nice old building in a fantastic location. We stayed for two nights in July 2014. It has some lovely grounds which are well maintained with some great sea views. It's literally 100 yards down the hill to the pier.
The staff were always helpful if a little slow at times, (we waited half an hour to be offered a drink in the restaurant on the second night) but after that the food came quickly and was perfectly OK. The bar area and restaurant both had a pleasant relaxed feel and were clean and well maintained. Breakfast was a standard Buffett and was quite nice.
Our room was of a reasonable size with a great sea view and was clean and tidy. The decor was a little tired and there were signs of water damage to the ceiling, but nothing problematic. In fact we really liked the room in spite of it's few imperfections. There was a fan, which was essential given the fact that it was 30 degrees on both days we stayed and the hotel does not have air conditioning.
The spa was nice, clean and well laid out. Although it did irk a bit having to pay £4 each to have a swim.
In spite of an overall lovely stay we do have a few criticisms. Firstly, only one of our key cards worked and we say two (seperate) other guests who couldn't get into their rooms at all, although this must have been resolved quickly as they were not still waiting when we went back out. Also, on our second night the lift broke down in our part of the building, not too much of a problem on the second floor but had we been on the fourth it would have been more of an issue. The last real gripe is the outrageous £20 per night car parking charge. I know there is a carp ark next door for £12.50 per night, but still, this is obscene.
In summary slightly tired friendly hotel in a fantastic location. We would gladly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Hotel in turreted building located on 3-acre cliff-edge garden, with views over bay & Purbeck Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Royal Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth