I spent two nights in the Royal Bath Hotel during business trip to the area. The Hotel is a grand old building, the typical Seaside venue from the past. It is however up to date with the facilities, the decor is modern without taking anything away from its heritage and the general condition is very good. My room was very good, big, bright and spacious. The bed was comfortable, there was plenty of storage space and I was fortunate enough to have a balcony with a great view of Bournemouth.
Breakfast was good with plenty of choice.
The staff were in the main helpful throughout my stay.
To improve the level of service I would suggest the hotel invest in written directions to rooms if possible. I was told my room was on the 2nd floor when in fact it was on the third and due to the nature of the building (large and sprawling) it took me the best part of 25 minutes to locate it.
I also required room service on both nights due to work commitments. This is where the service deteriorated significantly. On the 1st night I had to wait 15 minutes at the bar to order due to staff workload,this was okay and my order was delivered on time by a lovely staff member. On the second night I was told that they could not accommodate my request for room service as they were too busy and were very dismissive of me (different staff this night). I inquired in the restaurant and found a very helpful member of staff who personally took care of my order and delivered it to my room himself. If all staff were as customer focused as this gentleman then my rating for the hotel would be higher than average. Maybe travelers expectations can be managed in a more professional manner. Do not offer something if your staff can choose not to fulfill the requests.
Also look out for car parking. It can be very frustrating as you may end up using expensive public car parks close by.
In summary - A great old Coastal hotel, lovely building, room was great, service either exceptional or very poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Bath Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth