Stayed for a couple of days in Feburary and overall had a great time.
The world's comfiest beds
Great location, just off the beach and near the shops
Mostly efficient staff
Nice toiletries and a very impressive hairdryer (OK, it's not the most important, but these little things are always nice!)
Service is usually good but not friendly, and there were some odd lapses (somtimes they practically anticipated what you would want before you knew it, other times you were left waiting endlessly. Other people we were staying with were told eg there was no bacardi - in the whole hotel! - or cream for dessert.)
The decor looks like it was left in a timewarp - but it's clean, the bathrooms are modern (shower was lovely)
Pricing is a little erratic - hot chocolate at £3.30 complete with homemade tasting biscuit was great, £6 for a glass of house wine or £7.50 for a double vodka (neat) was opimistic.
Our room unfortunately had a view of the street (but wasn't particularly noisy) but the sea facing rooms had amazing views.
Only 24 hours free internet which seemed a bit cheap
The unknown - I didn't check out the spa
Overall, we had a great time. The minor irritations weren't enough to detract from the great aspects - it's not the cheapest and if you're looking for a funky boutique hotel, this is all wrong. If you're looking for a formal, grand old lady, this might just do nicely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth