We, like so many, went to the Royal Bath with some trepidation after reading the reviews. However, our experience was very positive and we felt that all the staff were making every effort to be attentive to our needs and to make our 2-night stay as pleasant as possible. Our room was of a good size, and was clean and comfortable. We relaxed in the spacious lounge for morning coffee and took advantage of the free Wi-Fi (this was in our room as well). We enjoyed dinner at Oscar’s and retired to Wilde’s bar for after dinner drinks, which was very pleasant. We took advantage of leisurely breakfasts in the Garden Room. The choice was very extensive, including a selection of dishes cooked to order. A member of our party had a gluten-free diet, and was provided with bread before she’d even asked for it because the server had referred to her room number. The hotel overlooks the pier and although there is parking at the hotel, we parked in the public car park right next door because it was cheaper! We enjoyed our stay and would definitely make a return trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth