“Excellent location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 68 Hotels in Bournemouth
Marlow, United Kingdom
“Excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

First time in this hotel in Bournemouth which we picked up as a 2 day deal. Good views from room, very comfortable bed, plenty of space in bathroom. Refurbishment overdue with chipped bedside tables but clean. Good choice of meals from set menu and well presented although service a little slow. Breakfast room has much better views into garden than the dining room which overlooks road but I suppose that doesn't matter in February. Tables in dining room a little regimented down the middle leading to a fellow guest suggesting it as reminiscent of wagamamas so try and get a table round the edge. Spa could have done with a couple more loungers as one broken out of 5 and as could be expected the others never occupied but "reserved" with a towel. All in all a really enjoyable break and the staff want to be helpful.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
RoyalBath, General Manager at Royal Bath, responded to this review, 3 April 2011
Thank you for your comments on your stay with us, we are having new loungers in the spa areas, your comments have been taken on board. I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay and that our new menus were well received.We hope you decide to stay at the Royal Bath again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
Ely, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

My wife and I had a great deal which included a sea view room, bottle of wine upon arrival and a 2 course meal. The hotel is in a great location, with a garden path that leads to the beach and 2 minutes from the pier.
The bar and restaurant had a relaxing and intimate atmosphere which was fantastic. During the meal,they did not have the bottle of wine we required so gave us a better one for the same price
Our room was clean and smart, I was disappointment that the double bed was just 2 singles put together. However it was comfortable and we slept well.
The staff were very helpful and in my opinion gave the best level of service I have experienced in any hotel.

We were thoroughly pleased with our stay, particularly as we got a very good deal. However, based on standard prices with a small number of drinks and valet parking this would have cost c. £500 for a 1 night stay. One final note is to check your bill upon checkout as ours was out by almost £40

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your postive comments about my team here and the level of service they offered you during your stay. We have a fantastic team here that have real passion to learn and deliver high levels of customer service and it is really useful and morale boosting for them to hear the feedback from our guests so thank you for taking the time to feed back to us about your experience, we hope to welcome you back soon.
Wimborne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

I stayed with my husband as his birthday treat. The package (room, dinner and breakfast) was cheap and our expectations were low. We paid to upgrade to a sea view room and, because of his birthday, we were upgraded again to a suite. The suite came with separate sitting room with two sofas. It was spacious and pristine clean. Everything that came after that lived up to our first impressions and contributed to the best short break that we have ever had in the UK. The staff were young, professional (obviously well trained) and SMILING. The table d'hote dinner had several good choices and it was excellent. We also had high tea that was great value for money and came with freshly baked scones.

The location of the hotel is on a cliff top close to the pier. The sun shone and that contributed to a walk and a bit of healthy exercise. Overall, my husband was delighted and it was a birthday break to remember. Well done everybody at the Royal Bath

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your husbands birthday and that you had such a wonderful stay, it really is a pleasure to hear that our team contributed to your best short break in the UK ever...a real compliment, thank you. I have passed your comments back to the team and we really do hope that you come back to stay again even if not to mark a special occassion but just to relax and be looked after by our team here.
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

I had read the reviews and felt so concerned that I contacted the hotel before I travelled.
The reception was quick and efficient. Valet parking excellent. Room was just lovely (No365)
Huge patio doors - very modern and pastel colours and a wonderful seaview. Both the restaurant breakfast and room service were great. Even had wine and fruit on arrival. Staff were so friendly - everyone smiled and said hello. All in all I would recommend this hotel but make sure you get a seaview !

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your postive comments of you stay with us at the Royal Bath hotel, I shall pass on your feedback to the team in particular the breakfast and room service teams. We really look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

We had a sea view room with French doors, might as well not bothered with the doors, the draught coming from them and the windows was ridiculous,
when we mentioned this to the front desk, we were given a heater!, you can't have a heater on all night,
the bathroom was freezing with no heat, the bar area was also so cold we had to wear our coats, you could see how draughty it was as the blinds were blowing in front of the Windows, the place is old and needs renovating, would never stay again!

• Stayed February 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments on your stay with us at the Royal Bath, whilst we are so very proud of the heritage and character of our property, we do indeed face challenges that come with this and unfortunately the heating, I am sorry that this could not have been resolved whilst you were in the hotel and that you have decided not to stay again, I do hope that you may reconsider this for the future as it ould be a shame that we could not welcome you and offer you a relaxing stay, the heating problems you incurred are not indicative of everyday here at the hotel.
Camberley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

My daughter and I stayed in the Royal Bath Hotel for 2 nights. Dinner was superb which was included in the price for the first night. After reading some of the comments after I booked,we were expecting the worst. We were very suprised and pleased with the room which had a beautiful view of the sea. The beds were the most comfortable ones I have slept in for quite a while. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast had everything you could possibly want. I would not hestiate to go back.

One small minus point, the spa area was quite chilly and the massage rooms need to be away from the swimming pool area as the noise is distracting if you are trying to relax while having a massage. Other than that we had a great weekend. There is public car parks next to the hotel at £12 for 24 hours if you did not want to pay the £15 -£20 hotel carpark.

• Stayed February 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RoyalBath, General Manager at Royal Bath, responded to this review, 10 March 2011
I am pleased to hear that you and your daughter had such a relaxing stay with us at the Royal Bath and I have taken your feedback about the noise of the beauty rooms on board, this is not a usual occurance that the noise form the pool is heard yet and are currently looking for better sound systems in the rooms with louder yet soothing music for the treatment rooms.

Thank you again your feedback is most helpful
Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

Staff are mostly local, which is a refreshing change. They were very attentive and friendly. The hotel is well managed and the staff have been properly trained to cater for their guests' needs. The nice thing about these older hotels is that they still retain their air of grandeur and the people aspire to maintain the standards of service and comfort set by their predecessors. The room we had was airy and comfortable with a balcony overlooking the pier and the sea. Nothing like a sundowner on a balcony in January, followed by a really good dinner in a cosy dining room with excellent service. We had Sunday lunch as well. Excellent value.
We had a thoroughly relaxing weekend and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others. We will certainly be back.
Judging by some of the reviews, there are those who have been less enchanted vwith their experience.May I hazard a guess that they may prefer something a bit mor modern? If 'character' and a slower pace of life do not suit, there's a Travelodge not very far from the Royal Bath. Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll be very happy in your £29 room and fast food diner. I wonder if anyone has ever managed to get one of the £29 rooms advertised? Apart from Lenny Henry? You could see him staying in a Travelodge?

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spitfire029
Thank you so much for your comments they are a delight to read. My management team and I have focussed on the training and service delivery of the team at the hotel in particular this year and so far I am pleased to hear that you mark this in high regard againth the grandeur of the beautiful hotel my team and I are so privilidged to work within.
Really is a pleasure to read your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back here again.