We stayed for 2 nights the food was good and room with a sea view was good BUT the hot water tap was running continuiousl y despite notifying reception and housekeeper. The showerhead was dirty, the hair dryer was full of fluff or hair, this was dealt with by housekeeper.
The hotel charges £20 per night to garage your car even though it says £15 in room, I reclaimed the extra charge, The garage is open to the public for parking.It should be like most hotels if you stay you do not pay, even Heathrow do not charge if you stay.
A service charge is added even though its supposed to be at discretion. Our wine for night one we had to ask for after eating our starter, and pour ourselves for the meal and same again night 2 but they still added service charge.
The toilet was clean but you could see limescale which was off putting.
A charity charge is added and for each of the above you have to request the charges are removed, it should be you are asked if you wish to have these charges if you are satisfied. I reclaimed all service charges on wine and drinks in bar after all the staff are paid to serve you as a customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality, so naturally it has a fantastic position on the sea front. Nestled in secluded grounds, with outstanding views across the bay, this classically styled hotel is one of a kind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth