“Rating”

Marsham Court Hotel
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Walton-on-Thames
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The hotel is close to several bus stops at the East cliff side of Bournemouth. Our room was spacious with coffee and tea making facilities. The shower was walk- in, no idea why it is so big with a lot of wasted space, a bath /shower would serve the space much better. The breakfast is adequate, although I stayed away from congealed fried eggs. I have never come across a hotel that only serves toast and no other type of bread at all, only small croissants/ Danish. The dinner choices were good, plenty of vegetables; the ice cream appreciated. The gateaux choices were many, the spelling not always correct. The ball room is lovely and the choc mints with the coffee a success story. The staff are usually helpful. Our newspaper was promptly delivered every morning.

Room Tip: Do mention at booking if you prefer a bath to just a shower.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Marsham Court Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear redfunkie,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am glad that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. We have about 30 large walk in showers at the hotel as this was requested while we redecorated. If you would prefer to have a bath with shower attachment, please let us know when making your booking and we will endeavour to allocate you a room suitable.
We hope to be able to welcome you to the hotel in the future.
luton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night in March 2014. For the money I thought it was great value. The room was clean and the staff were friendly, two big plus's in my book. The location of the hotel was good as we'll with only a short walk to the town centre, pier and beaches.
If I had to be picky, then I would say the breakfast was ok but not great.
For me the big test is would I stay here again. Yes with doubt.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Marsham Court Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear 946brianw,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Please know that feedback such as yours helps us to improve on the quality and service we provide.
We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was here for a family birthday, sharing a room with my daughter. The rooms were clean & comfortable, if a little basic. My parents had a fantastic room with a beautiful view. Ours was a side room but that was fine. The staff were nearly all really friendly and helpful. Dinner on Saturday night was adequate, though not great, although one of our party has a vegetarian gluten free diet, and she said the meal provided was one of the best she'd ever had when she was out. The buffet style breakfast was very nice. My parents (not frequent travellers) felt very comfortable.
However. Our first room was at the top of the stairs above the bar area, with no fire door between us & the bar, and we struggled to sleep till very late, due to the noise from downstairs. I complained in the morning, and was changed to another room with no difficulty. However we didn't realise we were put in a room above a wedding disco - with no fire door between us and the disco, so again, little sleep till the early hours. So - I would stay here again but I would make sure to request a room away from the public areas.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jo S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry that you were disturbed and please be assured I will bring it to the attention of the reception staff to make them aware of the issues you had and try our best to make sure these do not happen again.
We try our best to improve on guests experiences and rely on feedback such as yours to do this.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We had a room on the 3rd floor with sea view & balcony - the balcony was very small but the view of the sea with surfers next to the pier was superb.
We were hoping for a nightcap at 10.55 when we arrived back from our concert but were told it was not possible as they had cashed up & we had not registered a card with them on arrival - we were not given this option just asked for full payment - what a shame.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front on the 3rd floor have a great sea view but are a little noisy from road.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear SueC14,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry that you were unable to get a nightcap in the bar. For security reasons we do not accept cash after a certain time; however I will indeed make sure both the reception and bar staff are retrained as they should have offered to take a card there and then to put against your room account so that you could charge to your room. I am sorry if this dampened your experience with us and hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future, where we would be able to restore your faith in us.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

stayed here for one night on feb 14th. Staff friendly very helpful. Breakfast ok plenty to have
very quiet hotel even with the high winds outside. Only downside was not being able to shower or wash properly as water coming out the taps was yellow/brown, not nice at all.
Tried running taps for a while but made no difference. so did not feel clean when left was glad to get home to shower.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sandra B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry that you were unable to shower. If anything similar should happen in the future, please make reception aware so we can have our team look into the issue or we can possibly transfer the room you are in. It is very difficult to deal with an issue or repair it if we are not told about it at the time.
Colchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel as a coach driver so the room and meals were included . I was pleased to see it was a hotel not Motel. The hotel overlooked the sea so people at the front had excellent views.
The hotel is on three levels and have 2 lifts, it is also within walking distance of Bourenmouth centre about 5 mins.
I can not comment on the rooms except the one I was in which was a single, this room was on the third floor and was very small but was adequate for my needs it had wardrobe, drawers a television
and coffee tea facilites.
The interior of the hotel was well laid out with rooms for activites like dancing.
The nice thing also was free wifi in all areas of the hotel.
We were on a bed breakfast evening meal with a set menu for the evening meal. Breakfast was excellent so were the evening meals.
The staff at the hotel were really good and nothing was a problem , the dining staff were German language students and I must say they worked with german efficiency but with a sense of humour.
I would look at this hotel for a private break if visiting Bournemouth again.

Room Tip: Dont have one above the rooms holding dances.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear escort,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the hotel even though you were working.
We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.