We stayed just this weekend for a Sat night. £50 included breakfast, a bottle of wine, buffet dinner. There is no free drinks except water served in the evening. Staff are generally ok, acceptable. Can't expect too much afterall it is a very cheap deal via their web site! We enjoyed the spacious room, and large bathroom, very clean everywhere, deco and hotel itself is very outdated with single glaze windows. Luckily we are in March, but we felt a bit cold at night because the radiator was not on all night or in the preferred hours that when we needed the most i.e. between 9.30pm to 12am or 7am in the morning! There was no radiator in the bathroom but it does come with a nice large bath tub.
We would hear our next doors quite clearly and separated by x2 others doors to our left and right neighbour which felt a bit weird. So you go inside your room, there are actually x4 doors, first one on the left is your left neighbour's room (they are constantly locked), then it's our room, opposite is the bathroom, then is your other neighbour's door (also locked), but we all have our own entrance to our room.... So there were quite many doors and multiple levels within one level. I was wondering that it won't be good for young children, elderly or disabled to visit this hotel due to the various steps up and down within one level. It's a bit weird. It's all because of the round shape of the hotel.
The evening buffet was a bit of a let down in terms of taste and food selection, the desserts were constantly gone very quickly and did not replaced for next customers. No drinks except tab water as mentioned earlier. And it feels more like a giant canteen with all kind of people sitting and dinning together right next to each other. Very little privacy and food was very average - although quite plenty there.
I would say it is a fair deal for how much it costs. You get what you paid for and I accepted it is not the top quality. I didn't sleep through the night because of the noises from streets, wind and youngsters getting drunk and making noises above the floor to us and all sort. So if you want a good night sleep and a light sleeper then you have to be aware!
Car parking facility was £3.00 a day paid in advance, which was not bad and it's only less than 0.25 miles - much less.... a few minutes walk away from the front of the sea side. So with these points in mind, I think it's a bargain overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Roundhouse Bournemouth Hotel is one of five Britannia hotels in Bournemouth and is just a short walk from the East Cliff Beach and Bournemouth's local attractions, theatres, restaurants and coffee shops. Bournemouth is one of the most popular seaside resorts in England and is famous for its family friendly facilities, award winning beaches and cosmopolitan atmosphere. Whether you are looking for business or leisure breaks, this Bournemouth Hotel is the perfect choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Roundhouse Hotel Bournemouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Roundhouse Bournemouth
- Hotel Britannia Roundhouse
- Roundhouse Hotel