“Christmas Break”

Roundhouse Hotel Bournemouth
Ranked #62 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Disappointing. Booked 4-day break with Diamond Holidays, so not sure re hotel. Rooms spacious, coffee making/hairdryer etc. We had 3 rooms. All shabby, dated furniture, handles missing etc. All smelt of smoke (6th floor). Enquired at Reception and told they allow smoking on 6th floor. However, as rooms have smoke alarms does this mean they are not operational? or do people smoke in bathrooms. New windows fitted, but many are leaking (fortunately not in ours, but towels on windowsills).Rainwater leaking through roof adjacent to lifts. Christmas day my son nearly missed his lunch with family as his door came off hinges when he opened it. Heavy fire door, consequences could have been dire if this was my elderly father's room door. No maintenance staff, so had to wait for manager, so could not leave his room.Food mediocre, breakfast ok. Evening meals poor quality. Only mitigating factor, all staff polite/helpful;(except manager who seems to embrace a laissez-faire style of management). Would not go again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank doubletop

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel was good food lovely we had 2 down falls which was we had gone part of a package with national holidays it was busy the problem was teatime for us wasnt till half past 7. Which was a bit late for tea we were the last party we thiugjt if they started tea at half 5 then.we could have had ours half 6 which woukd have been better. Our 2nd was the entertainment it was really good the night rebecca sang snd when matt was on the other entertainer lee wasnt good at all.he didnt speak to you like he should because it was bad weather we stayed at the hotel and we played bingo the prices were quite dear costing £6 a strip but the most we got.out of the book was 3 games. The money wasnt to clever what you won we are not sore losers as my hubby won first night. My husband asked the manager why the prize money wasnt any good and he saud it was the entertainments team what did it and they took a cut of 55per cent which we thought was wrong. My husband after talking to manager went to the bar and lee the entertai er came up to my husband and said about him complaining which shoukd not.have happened he was very rude. It should not have been done like that in public. We would use national holidays again but wouldnt go back to roundhouse as lee mafe us feel uncomfortable

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 22 December 2013

warm friendly and very pleasant.find it very hard to fault this hotel.found all staff to be very very helpful,being disabled this meant so much to me.the room were cleaned every day.plenty going on in hotel to keep one occupied.thank you.

Room Tip: overall holliday very good.would definitely recommend it, staff in all quarter exceptionally helpfu...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed for one night recently and it was just ok. The car park has sufficient parking and costs £3.00 for 24 hours. The reception staff were friendly enough and check in was quick and efficient. Our room was relatively large with adequate things - hairdryer, tea/ coffee making facilities etc. It's all a little 1980's though. The floral tiles in the bathroom, the worn wooden furniture in the room. The old boxed TV with a remote that doesn't really work. Just a bit dated and worn. However, it served a purpose for us.
The day of check out , however, we had no hot water for a shower. Frustrating but kinda not unexpected. We all had cold strip washes and then thought we would have a breakfast at the hotel. However, we couldn't find a member of staff in the restaurant and it all became a bit complicated for my hungover brain so we just wandered off to Maccy D's for brekkie.
The location however, is spot on for this hotel and it was proper cheap.
If you are looking for luxury, look elsewhere but if you want a base whilst you shop and eat within the town, then it'll do.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NEgge
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The room booked to stay last night was the worse room I have ever been in. It was so bad, I opted not to drink at a Christmas party, and drove home. I cannot believe the environmental health office hasn't closed this place down. I would live to know what happens on floor 5 and 6, but a lot of single women with children, young drunk lads and many more unhappy looking people got in the lift which took them to these floors. Dirty, smelly (smoke despite no smoking law) brown water from the taps, could and who knows what else. Avoid, avoid, avoid. I rated it 1 because there were no minus numbers to press.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. I had to score sleep quality, but we packed the car and drove home!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SilverWeddingUk
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have been robbed in this hotel, and none of the staff or the police wear helpful, actually there are many horrible things about this hotel, they dont have a CCTV in the lift or the corridor area, the room is disgusting the staff unfriendly, and when my back bag wear stolen the hotel said there is nothing we can do for you !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Abdullah A
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Just got back from our works do in Bournemouth and I was as concerned as anyone would be at staying here based on the reviews on trip advisor

We arrive Saturday 7th December at 1pm and where told book in was at 3pm.

We paid and parked the car and left our bags in reception and made our way to sharkeys which is a excellent sports bar 2 mins from the hotel

12 tables, 8 screens, food and drink and we stayed there till 8pm when we left

The hotel was purely a place to sleep and for that I can't fault it

It's an old hotel, chairs , decor, TVs, etc are all dated but, and it's a massive but, the location is 10/10

It's minutes from everywhere , bars,restaurants and the sea front

If you've had a great night out, like we did, then noises don't matter as your knackered and too drunk to notice

So to summarise , it's dated, it's old but it's location is excellent

Not the worst place I've stayed in, not by a long shot but it's not somewhere I'd want to stay more than a night

If it was updated I'm guessing the prices would go up so look on this place as a bonus

I'd stay there again but not for longer than a day/night

We had breakfast at the olive cafe 5 minutes away which was lovely