“Excellent stay!!!”

Roundhouse Hotel Bournemouth
Ranked #62 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 30 January 2010

We have just returned from a 5 day National Holidays stay in this hotel and it was marvellous. The food was superb, uffet for breakfast and dinner meant that you could have as much or as little as you wanted. All the food was excellent and such a choice - you could have a 5 course dinner!!! The room was OK and we had a jacuzzi bath which was brilliant. The young staff were very pleasant and nothing was too much trouble to them. The free hour's bar each night was good and I never had to queue for more than 3/4 minutes. If you are planning to go take your swimming stuff as the sister hotel a minut'es walk away has an indoor heated pool, sauna, etc. and you can use it!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 January 2010

Yes, the hotel badly needs updating (especially bedrooms and bathrooms) and yes, it was noisy late at night BUT the staff were lovely and with the free bar both nights you could not complain at value for money.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JanSGlos
Reviewed 18 January 2010

The roundhouse hotel is not worth £35 per room, so if you pay anymore especially for room 505 it was a nightmare, staff were using the storage room next to our room as a party room thought it was highly amusing to bang on the door constantly and then one woman cackling and the others gigling yes highly amusing it would have been bad enough if it was other guests but staff!!!!!! We then also had the youngsters who came back in at 3.40 banging on the doors and shouting, I hope the boy whos watch that he was shouting about is okay.
The only other worse stay I have had was in an 18-30 hotel in Faliraki years ago.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2009

For £37 DBB per couple, what do you expect? The Ritz? Park Lane Hotel, London?

Of course not! For that kind of money we got better than average value.

No it's not completely clean. No the food is not classy. The bedrooms have seen better days and could do with a facelift. But for £37 for my wife and I per night (thats per couple, NOT per person) including an 'all-you-can-eat' 3 course evening dinner and an 'all-you-can-eat' breakfast what more could you expect.

The staff were all friendly and attentive, the ambiance in the bar was good. They even have a 'happy few hours' in the bar every afternoon.

Having stayed at a number of Brittania Hotels, none of them have been even near a three star quality although I gather they are trying to get there, but they offer simple accommodation and food and a value that is impossible to beat.

At the end of the day they offer a good base for exploring their surroundings.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tynsam
Reviewed 17 December 2009

We stayed with a group of friends for a pre Christmas weekend. We paid less than £80 for 2 nights including breakfast. The friday night was very quiet with an older age range staying. This changed on Saturday when the hen & stag parties arrived. We were woken up in the early hours & had to ring down to reception to complain about the noise coming from the next room - several people were having a party at 4am. Little was done following our complaint & the noise lasted for about an hour, We had been expecting this from previous reviews.
Overall though it was good value - breakfast was good and plenty of it. The bar had a 'happy hour' from 12- 7pm, there is no problem in getting a late drink from the night porter. The location is good for the bars & restaurants. The rooms are tired - we had tio change from our first room as the door would not lock & the second room had no window catch. Overall though the rooms were clean & we were able to park free near to the centre of town. Don't expect luxury - if you are happy to forego this for a good location and cheap price, this is the place for you!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank StryW
Reviewed 17 November 2009

We travelled to the Britannia Roundhouse in Bournemouth in January 2009 for my 30th Birthday. There were ten of us in total, taking up five rooms. Owing to it being out of season, I took up an internet offer for £39 per room per night. Firstly the good points.It is fantastically located at the top of Bournemouth Town Centre. From here you can walk to into town (1 minute) or to the beach (10 mins). It has a private underground car park which is included in the price and the whole checking in and out process worked very swiftly. Buffet breafast is included, whilst not The Ritz, it is more than acceptable offering everything that is expected. The rooms are clean although very dated and at times you feel that you are staying in a hotel straight out of 1984 but I have stayed in worse (See Maemar Review).
But I must stress that this review is written owing to the fact that I paid £39 a night for a room we were going to spend no more than five hours in. £39 is about what it is worth, dont be fooled. Should you spend any more than this then you will NOT be impressed. I was quoted £120 for a room over July, this is just laughable. If you can get a cheap deal then go, if you want decent accomodation stay at the Ramada Encore or Marriott.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank onebadhatharry1
Reviewed 8 November 2009

Stayed here for two nights during October with my husband and two children aged 10 & 15. I booked a ‘family’ room and was using my ‘Tesco Tokens’. I’m airline staff and have travelled the world for the last 30 years and I can honestly say, I have never seen such a dire hotel room as one we were first shown. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls, there were nails sticking out and worst of all – the bedspread was torn and badly stained. I eventually spoke the duty manager Aaron, who in my opinion is highly professional, and for the first time ever, in my travelling life, I asked to move rooms. He immediately showed us two twin ‘executive’ rooms, which were of a much higher standard. I would describe them as ‘adequate’ as they were quite dated. He also gave us a bottle of wine, which was very nice of him.

Breakfast was really good on the first day, but due to a couple of coach parties arriving, was very busy on the second morning and they kept running out of everything. The staff did their very best to keep everything topped up, but it seemed to be a losing battle. When we got there, there wasn’t a single clean table to sit at and the only two waitresses were rushed off their feet. ~Obviously understaffed – management take note !

The outside of the hotel is very shabby and I would describe the rest of the hotel as tired and dated. I really wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family