“Great for what we wanted”
Review of Bourne Hall Hotel

Bourne Hall Hotel
Ranked #57 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Birmingham, England
“Great for what we wanted”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We visited Bournemouth for a stag do in a group of 13, staying at the Bourne Hall for 2 nights. We didn't spent much time there, but when we did we thought it was great.

Rooms were ok, shower, toilet etc worked. Rooms at the rear have a sea view. Breakfast wasn't great.

Staff were all really friendly and as Brummies felt right at home.

Would happily return for something similar, but not for a romantic weekend away!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kevm6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
N E Lincs
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I took a group of 29 on a walking holiday staying at this hotel. OK, so the rooms are in need of some decoration/refurbishment but the current owners have not been here so long. We found the staff and management to be exceedingly helpful. They agreed to all our requests re seating arrangements at meals. They did everything they good when two of our party needed medical assistance. They deal with coach tours very efficiently.
The food was in the main very good. There was an adequate choice and plenty of it. The cooked breakfast was excellent - nothing greasy here.
Our room (304) was on the third floor with a lovely view and it was quite spacious with a bath and shower over the bath. Shower was very good except when we all arrived back together and the water pressure was noticeably lower than usual. It wasn't a problem.
This hotel is ideally placed for the centre of Bournemouth and we felt that, given the overall price of our holiday, it was great value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank NElincsrambler
Pontypool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was really happy with my experience at the Bourne Hall Hotel. We booked two twin rooms at a bargain price (especially considering it was in school holiday time), paying a little extra for breakfast to be included. The hotel was spacious, the staff were welcoming and friendly, and everywhere was very clean. It's not amazingly modern or trendy, but I found the rooms pleasant nonetheless, and considering the price I was very pleasantly surprised. Breakfast was lovely and I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sophie T
Bournemouth, England
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Apart from it's location, the Bourne Hall Hotel has absolutely nothing to offer.
We had a 2 night stay here at the end of March.
On arrival we were greeted by a friendly smile from the receptionist but we should have known it wasn't going to be a positive experience when we were handed the keys to room 101.
After climbing the dirty and threadbare stairs to the first floor, we opened the door to a room which was less than basic.
The headboard was hanging off the wall and we were greeted by a panoramic view of the rear car park or should I say - The piece of waste ground behind the hotel.
We didn't expect to see herds of wildebeest sweeping across the plains of the Serengeti or the Hanging Gardens of Babylon from our window , but some tarmac on the car park would have been a start !
For our comfort, the Hotel had kindly made sure the bathroom didn't get too hot and the towels didn't get too dry by ensuring the heated towel rail stayed freezing cold at all times !!
They also did their bit for the environment by making sure the light over the mirror didn't use too much power ! This was achieved by making sure it didn't work !!
The bed was rock hard and could be likened to sleeping on a pile of crazy paving !!
The 'Entertainment System' in the room (with it's tablet size TV screen) was a real experience !!
From the bed, the onscreen menu was only visible via high power binoculars and I could get better sound quality from my mobile phone.
A three course meal was included in our 2 Night stay so we were hopeful that things would improve.
We walked into the empty restaurant / bar and seated ourselves at one of only 4 tables.
Immediately, member of staff appeared and rushed over to our table, and then continued to stand over us until we gave him our order from the sparse menu. I kept turning the Menu around thinking there must be a page missing !!
(A drink with our forthcoming meal would have been nice but nothing was offered)
We went for the most exotic choice --- Soup, Sausage and Mash and Ice Cream.
(Packet Soup, Instant Mash and cheap Ice Cream)
Drinks not forthcoming - I eventually walked over to the bar which was full of contractors relaxing after a full days work in dirty work wear and waited 10 minutes to be served ( taking that time to soak up the ambience !! ) or was that the aroma of workman !!!
The only positive thing to say about the food here was that luckily the portions were small.
The second night, we gave the Bourne Hall Hotel dining experience a miss and went into town for a meal.
We didn't see many other guests when we were in the hotel so didn't get the chance to join the escape committee.
This Hotel should be avoided unless you enjoy a challenge.
The best part of our 2 day break was checking out !!
If you do find yourself at this hotel remember to wipe your feet on the way out !!
A bit grubby and a big disappointment !!

7 Thank waddesdonjez

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

When staying at this 'hotel' you must take into account the fact that a double room with breakfast is £47 per night or £23.50 per person.....it is cheap. If you want an overnight stay and you are not too fussy on the type of accommodation then this may suit you. My wife and I will NOT return.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
3 Thank John R
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

very good value with this budget hotel. all of family who run this hotel were very helpful and friendly the hotel is slowly being refurbished and every where was clean. the bedroom was a good size and the bed comfortable. the breakfast and evening meal were very good.

1 Thank Graham T
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here by myself earlier in the week. First of all, I stayed here due to a good price and reasonable reviews on here.

I checked in with no problems, the receptionist was very friendly and I was checked in within minutes.

I was staying in a single room which was very basic as I expected. The room was clean and had a nice view of the water.

My only slight gripes with the room were:

It was slightly dated
The shower lacked any power whatsoever and was either stone cold or boiling
The toilet was some form of electrical toilet (explained on the wall what couldn't and couldn't be disposed of) It made a massive noise when flushed and wasn't very good.

Overall I had a pleasant sleep on a reasonable bed. I didn't have breakfast or even so much as a drink in the bar but all the facilities in that department looked fine.

I would use the hotel again if it was at the same cheap rate, any more expensive and I'd stay in better, newer facilities.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo