“Nice hotel, friendly staff”

Langtry Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights (Monday-Thursday) and we used a KGB deal voucher and paid full price for an extra night and also paid extra to upgrade our room to a jacuzzi room. when we arrived we were greeted by Hazel on reception. She was really friendly and explained everything to us. we stayed in the main house in the Poynte "suite" (room 15).
The room was clean and had nice furnishing. The bed was only a double bed which was disappointing - we have a king sized bed at home so we weren't ussed to sleeping in a smaller bed! The mattress was hard also.
There were tea making facilities which were in the cupboard/wardrobe.
The bathroom was small but had everything you needed. The fan in the bathroon takes ages to turn off after the light is turned off.
Only problem we really had was that the staff slept in a room behind the wall behind the bed and were banging and crashing around from 7 in the morning and also from about 9.30 at night with no consideration for guests trying to sleep. They were also stomping down the stairs next to our room and shouting stuff at each other.
The food at breakfast was yummy and plentiful. You could have full english breakfast, whisky porridge (really good), sracmble eggs with salmon on bagel, cereal, crossiants and fresh fruit (sometimes fruit salad).
We ate in the restuarant the 1st night and we were the only 2 people in there! The waiter was attentive as he didn't have anyone else to wait on. Food was yummy however it was expensive at £34 each for 3 courses.
The hotel was about 20-25 minutes walk from the town centre and we had a nice walk along Eastcliff Drive and the beach.
I think we would go back to the hotel but only if another deal came about as it's quite expensive to stay. I also wouldn't bother paying extra for the jacuzzi room - I think I'd rather pay the same and have a four poster room.

Room Tip: Dont pay extra just for a jacuzzi room - its not worth it. Instead pay extra for a four poster room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarah_kelly_r

Reviewed 4 March 2012

very helpful and friendly staff lovely hotel a very good stay recommend

1  Thank Graham T
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We had a family celebration here this February (2012) and could not have chosen a better venue. The 'events manager' (Pat Elcock) and all the staff were stupendously and patiently helpful during the preparations and met our every wish. The event itself – an 85th birthday – ran without a hitch and exactly as planned with a few little delightful extras provided unbidden. We all enjoyed ourselves enormously. Oh yes – the Hotel has lots of intriguing history and is kept in immaculate condition. And the food was out of this world. My wife is vegetarian and said that the main dish was the best she had ever had, and she is not given to handing out compliments!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Alan C
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Went away as surprise for my birthday from my fiancee, was outstanding service particuarly from reception staff and food was beautiful, breakfast, decor, cleanliness and rooms were all perfect and this is coming from 2 people that work in high standard hotels themselves. Well worth a visit especially for a treat and doesn't matter what time of year you go,i believe your in for wonderful time all year around, Bournemouth is beautiful, but in some peoples case it may be a love it or hate it kind of Town, i'm young so to me i think theres plenty to do and it is a nice town, but the trip was all about this hotel and with great all day food, Jacuzzi bath, beautiful rooms and balcony, beautiful lounge and warming environment their is simply no need to even leave the hotel. Well done Langtry Manor.

1  Thank STEPHEN H
Reviewed 28 February 2012

What a wonderful experience. The staff were amazing and went out off their way to ensure our stay was perfect. The rooms were immaculate and beautiful and the food was amazing.

We could say nothing bad about our time there and will be back again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Goodwood Suite which is perfect for a longer, luxurious stay as you have a living r...
2  Thank Missy_Moo_42
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Only stayed the one night but it was very delightful. We stayed in the lodge which is beautifully decorated, and our room (which had a jacuzzi bath in the room!!) was also lovely , the bath did take a little while to fill up but its definately worth the wait!! very relaxing. The staff were also very welcoming and friendly.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was my birthday weekend and we had a lovely time. The room was very comfortable and clean with a nice Spa bath.

The dinner on Friday night was of a very good quality but if I was picky I felt that the menu had stayed on the safe side. So don't expect a culinary revelation but it was all very well executed and delicious.

The Edwardian banquet on the following evening was great fun and the food was nice and tasty but I felt it was not of the quality of the night before. However some dishes stood out and the celeriac soup was excellent, the mash with the very well cooked chicken wrapped in bacon was delicious and the bread and butter pudding made with croissants was superb. The rest although very well cooked was a bit on the ordinary side.
It was however a truly enjoyable evening as the format was very interesting and entertaining.

During the day, in preparation for this banquet we had worked out an appetite and used the gym facilities situated in an other hotel just a 2mins walk away. You obtain your ticket from reception at the Langtry Manor. The gym was adequate with everything you need and expect but I found it a bit dirty and smelly. However I know it is outside the Langtry's control.

One final note. The building is full of history and is dedicated to Lilly Langtry. This made it interesting but unfortunately for me the Lilly theme in the hotel was a little nuisance for me as I am allergic to Lillies. So everytime I went to the hotel lounge, dinning room or reception I was getting sore throat and runny nose after a while. A lady we dined with at the banquet was having the same problem. I wished they had removed the pistils of the opened flowers as it would reduce the problem. Lillies allergies are quite common.

However this only spoilt my enjoyment of the weekend very slightly and I would recomment this friendly hotel.