“Langtry Manor Hotel Okay”

Langtry Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 7 August 2008

We stayed at the Langtry Manor Hotel as part of a Hen Weekend. The Hotel is on two sites so it seemed slightly strange that four of us were across the road while the other 9 where in the main hotel.

The room was comfortable with tea making facilities, a good size flat screen tv with good choice of tv channels. We had a four poster bed with a fresh rose on the pillow which was a nice gesture.

The bathroom was okay but didn't smell particularly nice.

There was no lift to our bedroom and no-one offered to take the cases up one flight of stairs so I would not recommend this for the elderly or infirm.

As part of the Hen Weekend we had a murder mystery night. The murder mystery was absolutely fantastic but was let down by the three course meal which was not of particuarly good quality.

Breakfast was however okay and the hotel catered for everyone's tastes.

The staff were friendly and the hotel grounds well kept and nice. The hotel is just slightly outside of Bournemouth and the walk into the main part of Bournemouth is not for the faint hearted!!!

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Everden99

Reviewed 28 July 2008

Having just stayed 6 nights at the Langtry Manor Hotel we felt compelled to wrtie a review.

We arrived late Sunday afternoon to be greeted by a wonderfully welcoming woman called Hazel. She organised our train timetable for the following day, and taxi. We ate after the chef had left - only sandwiches granted - made by one of the waiters but delicious all the same.
we were upgraded (our good fortune) and stayed in the Ellen Terry room.

We were delighted with all aspects of the hotel, from the friendly service and warm welcome and the way the staff made us feel like nothing was too much trouble.
We'd originally planned on staying 5 nights but liked it so much decided to extend our stay to 7 nights- unfortunately there was only a vacancy for 1 extra night and that we spent in Goodwood in the Lodge accross the road (up in the eaves) the decor wasn't as good and there were some aspects of the ancillary staricase that needed a good clean and redecorating.

However, for the pure history of the place and the comfort of the beds I'd definately go again. We reluctantly moved onto the Carrington just down the road for our last night - (upmarket travel lodge/butlins/nursing home) and more expensive than Lillie's pad.(ha! sorry). We absolutely would not go to the Carrington again. Terrible!
Langtry Manor - Brilliant!!!

Reviewed 28 July 2008

Having held our wedding at Langtry Manor 4 years ago,we went to celebrate our wedding anniversary.We stayed in the Kings room as we had 4 years previously and loved it.It was stunning and the new bathroom was fantastic.I spent the afternoon in the jacuzzi spa bath whilst flicking through channels on the bathroom tv!
Staff were very attentive and took time to show us around the refurbished lodge and take our favourable comments on board.
Dinner was wonderful and the menu truly mouthwatering!!
All in all we had the best time and will be back as soon as we can!!

Reviewed 14 July 2008

Retuned yesterday after a wonderful stay at the Langtry Manor.
Our room was in the Lodge which is only a 30 seconds walk away from the Manor.
Our room was lovely very comfortable four poster bed and quite a large jacuzzi.The room was a good size and very clean.
The staff were all wonderful they couldnt do enough for you.
We ate in restaurant on Friday night the food was superb and then on the Saturday night we decided to attend the Edwardian evening which was fantastic.Me and my Husband were a bit apprehensive about it but there was no need.
We were sitted with some lovely people 3 other couples.
The food was lovely 6 courses.
A cold buffet to start followed by brocolli and stliton soup you had a choice of the next course I had filo pastry with feta cheese, tomato, balsamic vinegar my Husband had fishcake.Then to freshen the pallet you are served sorbet.Then we were entertained with the story of Lillie Langtry which was very interesting.
The main course, you had a chioce of 4 dishes,beef,chicken,fish or a vegetarian dish.Once again I had the chicken which was lovely.
Then for the desserts...yummy!!
A choice of 5 dishes i had the creme brulee my Husband opted for the bread and butter pudding.Then they come round again to see if you want second...by then I was well and truely stuffed.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone and will be returning
Top Class!!!!

Reviewed 30 June 2008

I really like this style of hotel. It is one of the best Boutique Hotels that I have stayed at, in recent times. The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

It is a welcome break from the corporate style hotels that are the norm. these days.

When coupled with the history of this place, it is an honour to be able to stay here.

I would recommend it to anyone that wants to be pampered and treated like royalty, then this an absolute must.

I found that it provided me with a well needed break from the express life that we all seem to live these days.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2008

I was lured in by the offer of the four poster bed and the Jacuzzi in the room I guess also the royal links that were mentioned gave you some idea of history and the quotes on the hotels webpage of reviews they have had really do give you the impression that the hotel is really quite grand and luxurious. This I felt was really not the case.

I booked the hotel as a romatnic nigght away for my girlefriends birthday thinking wow she'll love this, what a dissapointment it was!

Upon arrival I must say we were greeted by the friendly reception staff and room issued over at the Langtry Lodge which is across the road, no problem I thought. We were issued with the Ascot room (again all sounds very regal). The Lodge is a seperate building that lacks any character or atmosphere as experienced in the main hotel. The Ascot room did have a smart flatscreen TV, mini bar, tea/coffee making facilities but for £115 for one night I would have at least expected some fruit or drinking water in the room! The room itself had the four poster bed which actually turned out to be 2 beds on top of each other with some wood badly screwed into the bottom - Alarm bells started to ring at this point. There was what looked like a very large red wine stain all over the drab carpet and the bed linen has seen better days. Moving into the bathroom the Jacuzzi as advertised was no more than a spa bath, not really what I had in mind. the Cheap shower head had no pressure at all and water trickled out. Overall coniditon was really used and in direneed of updating.

Breakfast - Food was good, served quickly and hot. No sweetners - must be the only hotel in the world not to have canderal or access to Tesco. Got told that we couldn't sit next to the window as it would mean having to lay another table so we ended up next to the kitchen door with everyone coming in and out.

On checking out I informed reception that I was dissapointed with the dirty room and items missing from the mini bar and all that came was a shrug of the shoulders.

I will not be returning and will adivse that you have been warned!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobNBangers
Reviewed 19 May 2008

My work took me last week to a conference in Bournemouth, I searched out Yahoo for a place to stay and was given a few choices. I read a review on a portal about the Langtry Manor and decided to take the chance and book four nights via their website.

My arrival at the Langtry Manor was a surprise as I had expected all pomp and circumstance. Instead I was greeted personally by the staff in a more relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

I had one of the more smaller rooms that came complete with a Jacuzzi and that I can only describe as a luxury bed. Though I only ate breakfast at the hotel and one dinner I can say the food and service was first rate - look out for their fillet steak with a bottle of Bordeaux followed by a passion fruit creme caramel...

My only complaint with the Langtry would be that there is no night porter service, but was told eventually it is only a phone call away if I needed it.

The Langtry Manor suited me fine, they had WiFi allowing me to work from my room with my laptop, and it was a few minutes walk to the beach which really made an otherwise dull work trip a pleasure.

Stayed: May 2008