“Excellent hotel”

Langtry Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed over for a couple of nights and had a great stay. Room was large, lots of light and a wonderful view. Service was friendly and not too formal, which we like.
Breakfast was lovely and even though we were a little close to the deadline we did not feel rushed like in other hotels.
Will probably book again in the summer.

• Stayed: March 2014
John H, Head Butler at Langtry Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guests,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and the service. We work hard to provide service worthy of this house and particularly appreciate it when our guests feel at home.

John

There are newer reviews for Langtry Manor Hotel

Reviewed 7 March 2014

What a wonderful stay at the Langtry Hotel! We had a warm welcome and were escorted to our room which was bright and pleasantly furnished. Staff only to happy to help, breakfast was well prepared and relaxing music to listen to while you ate, a lovely start to the day.

Tilly our Westie came with us and she was treated with the same kindness and even had her favourites ,what a flirty girty she is!

Overall a lovely experience a hotel which oozes ambiance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I remember you and Tilly well, who would not! it was a great pleasure to have you to stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you again.

How nice of you to write such a lovely review. It is especially topical in view of our Royal history and the new ''live like a king'' service we will announce shortly.

All the very best

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We visited Langtry Manor for an evening meal mid week as we live locally.We are both interested in history and thought the place was magical.There is a real atmosphere with many original features.The staff were very friendly and showed us the room where Edward VII used to stay when he visited Lily Langtry.It is very spectacular. The restaurant is very authentic with a minstrels gallery, beautiful Edwardian fireplace and a massive picture window.
The food was excellent.My husband had the Lamb shank which he said was extremely tasty.I had Eton Mess for dessert and think it is the best I have ever tasted.
If you want a romantic meal with good food, friendly staff and a touch of history you won`t be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Holidaylover,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your meal and appreciated the unique romantic features of this place. We look forward to seeing you again.

All the very best,

John Howard

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My partner took me here for a surprise valentines weekend, 2 night stay! It was beautiful.
We stayed in Lilly Langtrys room, good sleep, comfy bed, jacuzzi in room. Superb food....especially the breakfast...1st class !
The set was lovely ...balcony with a nice view.
The Manor was clean and the service from staff was excellent. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank sophjp89

Dear Guest,

Such a lovely review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the lovely Lillie Langtry Room which is possibly the most romantic room in our hotel as it was Lillie Langtry's personal bedroom, and I am told a very feminine room.

Thank you so much for writing a review. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We recently had afternoon tea here to celebrate my daughters birthday. I chose this venue after researching numerous hotels as it seemed reasonable value and when I rang was assured everything was freshly prepared when you arrived. The lounge area is comfortable and intimate and would be lovely in the summer opening onto the garden. We were offered tea or coffee and two cake stands arrived with a variety of cakes and finger sandwiches. My husband was the only person who likes egg so we asked if we could have some extra sandwiches and a large plate was brought without hesitation or extra charge. We were also offered more tea or coffee and enjoyed a very nice glass of champagne (unlike a couple we were sat next to the day before at The Haven Hotel in Poole who were served a flat glass of champagne and stale sandwiches). The staff were friendly and helpful and we left feeling pleased with our choice of venue.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am so glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us. We do our best to go that extra step in customer service and very much appreciate it when its noticed. Thank you so much for taking the time to write our review. Do not hesitate to come and enjoy our gardens when the weather is good.

John

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights and couldn't fault one thing. Service was amazing rooms were beautiful and the food was outstanding. Have already recommended to all my friends and family. You truly feel spoilt by the staff. There isn't one moment that you feel ignored. Lovely lady told us the history of the hotel and we got to view the kings room. Will be going back. Thank you :) xx

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank FamilyOfFour1622
John H, Head Butler at Langtry Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

It is really heartening to read such a lovely review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here and loved the food and service. The Lady who showed you round was Marion who is in charge of events and weddings.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Langtry Manor wherever you can make it.

All the best . John

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I love Bournemouth and our Friday and Saturday night stay was truly wonderful! Langtry Manor was clean, comfortable, staff attentive, food excellent and the Edwardian Banquet was a new experience, a very good evening, but I will not spoil, by saying more for those who have yet to go and enjoy. Would I go again, Yes!

Room Tip: We were in the attic room, although small, was cosy and quiet.

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, and what a lovely review I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the service. I look forward to seeing you back in Bournemouth again soon.

All the very best.