“Lovely room”

Langtry Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 9 September 2008

We stayed here for my boyfriend's birthday. We booked 1 night but ended up staying for another as we'd had such a nice time the evening before.
We loved the room..... four-poster bed, flat screen TV and very clean. The decor was contemporary...... which is our taste.
We dined in the restaurant on both nights.... the 1st night it was excellent... the second night not so good but still nothing really to complain about (I am Very fussy!). Breakfast was great, lots of choice and good service. We had cream tea both days and it was excellent! Far too much but top quality.... homemade scones and cakes etc.
I would stay again if I wanted to return to the area.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2008

Just need to make others aware that this hotel in my opinion is over priced for the quality and level of service they provide. The room was small – the double bed more like a large single, bathroom with cheap fittings and fixtures. Cleanliness of the whole establishment was very questionable with telltale dirt everywhere – stained bed linen, stained carpet, hair in bath, marks on towels. For the price £160 per night you would expect a much higher standard. The various comments and complaints I made were largely ignored. We decide to cut our losses and leave early. It occurred to me on arrival that after reading the information given on their website
“The hotel nestles away from the road in its own grounds, its driveway branching to a spacious car park or on to the main ….” The main hotel is less than 10 metres from the main road. Surrounded by plenty of other hotels and blocks of flats, a good distance from the seafront Use Google earth and you’ll see (at the junction of Knyveton Rd/Derby Rd BH1 3QB). Also be aware that the majority of the parking available on property in under tree cover, so remember to include valeting your car. And if like us you are unlucky enough to have a room in their other building across the roundabout, you better hope it’s not raining when you cross the road to go for breakfast (Which again is nothing special and chief won’t cook you an omelette).
Offering the highest standards of any Bournemouth accommodation they say:- I think not.
You should ask yourself why any self respecting hotel would not welcome a hotel star rating or tourist board rating…. All I can say is buyer beware. I won’t be returning.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dom_couple
Reviewed 7 August 2008

We stayed at the Langtry Manor Hotel as part of a Hen Weekend. The Hotel is on two sites so it seemed slightly strange that four of us were across the road while the other 9 where in the main hotel.

The room was comfortable with tea making facilities, a good size flat screen tv with good choice of tv channels. We had a four poster bed with a fresh rose on the pillow which was a nice gesture.

The bathroom was okay but didn't smell particularly nice.

There was no lift to our bedroom and no-one offered to take the cases up one flight of stairs so I would not recommend this for the elderly or infirm.

As part of the Hen Weekend we had a murder mystery night. The murder mystery was absolutely fantastic but was let down by the three course meal which was not of particuarly good quality.

Breakfast was however okay and the hotel catered for everyone's tastes.

The staff were friendly and the hotel grounds well kept and nice. The hotel is just slightly outside of Bournemouth and the walk into the main part of Bournemouth is not for the faint hearted!!!

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Everden99
Reviewed 28 July 2008

Having just stayed 6 nights at the Langtry Manor Hotel we felt compelled to wrtie a review.

We arrived late Sunday afternoon to be greeted by a wonderfully welcoming woman called Hazel. She organised our train timetable for the following day, and taxi. We ate after the chef had left - only sandwiches granted - made by one of the waiters but delicious all the same.
we were upgraded (our good fortune) and stayed in the Ellen Terry room.

We were delighted with all aspects of the hotel, from the friendly service and warm welcome and the way the staff made us feel like nothing was too much trouble.
We'd originally planned on staying 5 nights but liked it so much decided to extend our stay to 7 nights- unfortunately there was only a vacancy for 1 extra night and that we spent in Goodwood in the Lodge accross the road (up in the eaves) the decor wasn't as good and there were some aspects of the ancillary staricase that needed a good clean and redecorating.

However, for the pure history of the place and the comfort of the beds I'd definately go again. We reluctantly moved onto the Carrington just down the road for our last night - (upmarket travel lodge/butlins/nursing home) and more expensive than Lillie's pad.(ha! sorry). We absolutely would not go to the Carrington again. Terrible!
Langtry Manor - Brilliant!!!

Reviewed 28 July 2008

Having held our wedding at Langtry Manor 4 years ago,we went to celebrate our wedding anniversary.We stayed in the Kings room as we had 4 years previously and loved it.It was stunning and the new bathroom was fantastic.I spent the afternoon in the jacuzzi spa bath whilst flicking through channels on the bathroom tv!
Staff were very attentive and took time to show us around the refurbished lodge and take our favourable comments on board.
Dinner was wonderful and the menu truly mouthwatering!!
All in all we had the best time and will be back as soon as we can!!

Reviewed 14 July 2008

Retuned yesterday after a wonderful stay at the Langtry Manor.
Our room was in the Lodge which is only a 30 seconds walk away from the Manor.
Our room was lovely very comfortable four poster bed and quite a large jacuzzi.The room was a good size and very clean.
The staff were all wonderful they couldnt do enough for you.
We ate in restaurant on Friday night the food was superb and then on the Saturday night we decided to attend the Edwardian evening which was fantastic.Me and my Husband were a bit apprehensive about it but there was no need.
We were sitted with some lovely people 3 other couples.
The food was lovely 6 courses.
A cold buffet to start followed by brocolli and stliton soup you had a choice of the next course I had filo pastry with feta cheese, tomato, balsamic vinegar my Husband had fishcake.Then to freshen the pallet you are served sorbet.Then we were entertained with the story of Lillie Langtry which was very interesting.
The main course, you had a chioce of 4 dishes,beef,chicken,fish or a vegetarian dish.Once again I had the chicken which was lovely.
Then for the desserts...yummy!!
A choice of 5 dishes i had the creme brulee my Husband opted for the bread and butter pudding.Then they come round again to see if you want second...by then I was well and truely stuffed.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone and will be returning
Top Class!!!!

Reviewed 30 June 2008

I really like this style of hotel. It is one of the best Boutique Hotels that I have stayed at, in recent times. The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

It is a welcome break from the corporate style hotels that are the norm. these days.

When coupled with the history of this place, it is an honour to be able to stay here.

I would recommend it to anyone that wants to be pampered and treated like royalty, then this an absolute must.

I found that it provided me with a well needed break from the express life that we all seem to live these days.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo