“A wonderful afternoon at The Langtry Manor”

Langtry Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I came to Bournemouth from Prague to visit my family. What an amazing hotel in such a great location! We had a lovely time having champagne afternoon tea at The Langtry Manor hotel. Thanks to all the staff who made our family experience even more special: The Hotel Manager Tomas who was very welcoming and looked after the comfort of all the guests, head chef Manash and his team who’s finger sandwiches and cakes were absolutely delicious and also Miro and Tony, who provided very professional service. I am looking forward to returning again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marian P

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were recommended this hotel by friends who have lived in the area, it looked nice on their website and had good reviews. We wanted a break from our busy jobs, somewhere that offered comfort, peace and lovely surroundings. We were very happy with our ground floor room in the Lodge, next to one of the gardens which was perfect to exercise our two miniature dachshunds, finding such a quality hotel that is dog friendly can be difficult so this worked very well for us. Also there is no charge or deposit taken for dogs which was a positive. The Reception staff were very kind and inviting throughout our stay, as were all the staff we accounted during our 3 night midweek break. My husband and I were impressed by the service generally, the breakfasts were generous and delicious and the dining room beautiful. A pleasure to stay in a place so full of rich history which hasn't lost its original charm.

Room Tip: Let the staff know what you require and if rooms are available that suit you they will be offered.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JSDB2013
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have visited this hotel with friends and family on a number of occasions and I am still to find a better Saturday night feast in the South of England. Fantastic array of high quality food and an entertaining evening especially for the first timers. Book a Saturday night banquet, turn up and relax in splendour. I can't comment on the rooms as I have never stayed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2014

For my birthday my boyfriend booked a night at this amazing hotel. We arrived after an hour and a half train journey and we were greeted by very welcoming, friendly staff who allowed us to check into our room early. When we were showed to our room 'Ascot' (ironically that's where we are from) we were extremely pleased with it. The decor was very tasteful and all was very clean and tidy. After a walk along the seafront we arrived back to our room where I was very surprised to find a scroll from the hotel staff wishing me a happy birthday. All the personal touches made the day one to remember and we will definitely be returning in the near future!

3  Thank sarahandjay
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I booked two nights here as a surprise for my boyfriends birthday (24th-26th June) I booked a small double room and was not disappointed! Room wasn't small at all was perfect sized, toilet was small but practical for our stay. Clean and pretty rooms which made us feel special. Came with a fridge and a good hair dryer. Staff were lovely and welcoming at all times. The hotel itself is beautiful and close to all beaches as well as the shopping centres, easy walk to Bournemouth beach and the free parking was so handy. Really CANNOT fault this hotel. Family will be booking nights here soon as they were impressed.

Room Tip: Small rooms are suitable size for a short stay to visit Bournemouth.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

A beautiful hotel in a great location, close enough to walk to beach/town. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Very impressed with our room which had a spa bath, great fun! Although we only live a few miles away we felt we had a wonderful break to celebrate my husbands birthday.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

What can I say - thank you so much to the staff of Langtry Manor from Tomas the Hotel Manager to the two Saturday receptionists, all the waitresses and John the barman - I am talking about last Saturday 28th June - my Significant Birthday Party - an Edwardian Evening where my friends and I enjoyed a Six Course Edwardian Banquet. Everyone without exception said it was ultimately the best food they had ever tasted! Thanks so much Manash - the Chef! Where Langtry differs from other restaurants is - the waiters/waitresses come round to every table with a sample of the menu options so that you can actually see what you are going to eat! The food and service was superb! 'The Icing on the Cake' was the re-enactment of 'The Life of Lillie Langtry performed by a young actress. Thank you so much to everyone involved for making this such a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends