“2 days of romantic bliss”

Langtry Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We stayed in the Gold Cup room, the room, service and food were all amazing. The only draw back is that it is very expensive and the initial price you are quoted does not include vat. We went mid week which was great, not too many other people stying at that time and we were able to see a few different rooms. The Gold Cup is by far the best room we saw.

Reviewed 5 July 2010

Spent 3 nights here celebrating our Ruby wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Gold Cup room in The Lodge which is a convenient stroll across the road from the main hotel. There was a wedding on two of the three days we stayed, but we were not inconvenienced by them at all. The room was superb, very romantic and perfect for our stay. We liked the way the staff had dressed the bed with a red rose, chocolates and towels artistically folded in the shape of a heart. We took part in the Edwardian banquet and although we were mixed with several other couples on a large round table, we all got on famously and the food was superb. The 6 courses were served over the evening, so you did not feel too full too soon!! Breakfasts were excellent too, something to please everyone on the menu. We cannot praise the staff highly enough. Nothing was ever too much trouble. The proximity to the beach was great as we were able to park the car and walk to the clifftop and along the promenade into Bournemouth. All in all, a wonderful weekend and such an interesting place historically. My husband and I spent a little time reading all about Lillie in the little museum upstairs and found this very interesting. We cannot wait to return as soon as possible and cannot recommend Langtry Manor highly enough.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MSulsh
Reviewed 29 June 2010

My husband booked Langtry Manor to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. On our arrival we were shown to the Ascot Room which was located over the Lodge. The room waas spacious and looked as though it had recently undergone a makeover. The room had a large four poster bed and a two person jacuzzi bath, just great for relaxing after a day out in Bournemouth. We had dinner in the restaurant that evening and the food and service we absolutely fantastic.
Although we were initially disappointed at staying over in the Lodge I can say that it was a most enjoyable stay and would recommend this hotel to all and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Stayed here for our anniversary and booked the Lillie Langtry room as a surprise for my husband. We would normally book a very modern hotel but the change to a Historic hotel with quaint English decor proved a lovely alternative.

Upon arrival there was a wedding at the hotel but we were still able to park in the car park. We were slightly late due to major traffic and had afternoon tea booked for 2.30pm. I called ahead to explain and although they were very busy the wedding, they reassured me this would be no problem and would get it ready for us as soon as we arrived.

Afternoon tea was served in our room which was at no extra charge and the cakes were simply divine! Would definitely recommend.

The Hotel offers in room treatments by an external health and beauty therapist called Cherie. This is definitely something you should take advantage of. She is absolutley lovely but also lives up to her claim of having 'healing hands'. All her products are home blended using aromatherapy oils. Her prices are very reasonable compared to London prices and the quality is not compromised.

Our room was very comfortable and had it's own balcony which I would have loved to make better use of had the weather been better. The jacuzzi bath was a big hit with my husband (make sure you allow plenty of time for it to fill up) and the large overhead shower was also invigorating.

I think it may have been fairly noisy if we had stayed in the Lodge rooms were the wedding party was carried out but we had peace and quiet in the main building. Something you may wish to check when booking.

We did not dine in for dinner but the breakfast was very nice and the staff were overall fantastic.

The hotel is very close to the beach and you will find it hard to get another hotel in Bournemouth is such a good location with the same service!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2010

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary but did not want to go too far to enable us to have a rest from the stresses of driving. I did some research, including a visit to Langtry Manor hotel and decided to go ahead with a booking - what an amazing visit we had!( NB This review is based on our stay in the main hotel and not the Lodge across the road which is run by the same family)

From the minute we arrived until we, reluctantly , left we relaxed and felt like valued customers even though it was our first visit -nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. We both felt we were being welcomed into a loving atmosphere and home- full of history. We were also incredibly lucky that the weather was amazing which enabled us to park the car on arrival and walk everywhere - the beach is accessible on foot from the hotel. The only fact I would bring to prospective clients is that the hotel does not have a lift but does have some groundfloor rooms if you have a disability or difficulty negotating narrowstair cases make sure you tell the staff when you book so they can advise you accordingly.

We booked a lovely room witha jaccuzi bath in the bathroom and also decided, on arrival, to experience the Edwardian Banquet - where because the hotel knew we were celebrating a special event we were feated with a special desert and given a scroll as a memento to the date - and be advised it is not necessary to panic and think you need to dress up in Edwardian costume - the staff are suitably attired but all you will be asked is to dress smartly - mind you if everyone in your party wanted to dress up I am this would not be a problem- if you are only a small party (as we were)and join the Edwardian Banquet you will be asked to join other parties to make up tables as they do not offer small tables for the banquet.

Personally I can not tell you what a relief it was to discover that several staff in the hotel were vegetarian and that asking for a vegetarian option for my husband did not cause the "flustered reaction" it normally does - over the years several special occasions/holidays away have been spoilt by restaurants/hotels not being able to offer vegetarian options ( or only to offer mushroom options - my husband and I have often taken odds on his being offered mushroom soup, followed by mushroom stroganoff and we are still waiting for him to be offered a mushroom gateau to complete the meal). I was actually able to relax and enjoy all meals we took including the Edwardian Banquet to the maximum as I did not have to feel edgy asking for vegatarian options - During the Banquet the waitress at our table remembered that my husband needed a vegetarian option from the first course onwards( she said she is a vegetarian too) and this was wonderful. Breakfast the next morning proved that this was not just a feature of the edwardian banquet either - what a lovely relaxed breakfast we enjoyed - my only reluctance was it was the last meal of our stay.I actually do not think the hotel "sell" this feature of the hotel enough - it was not until I visited the hotel and talked to the young lady on reception that I was aware that the hotel welcomed vegetarians - I had looked on the websites for restaurants in the Bournemouth area offering vegatarian options and do not remember seeing Langtry Manor on any of them- lets hope the hotel can rectify this so they receive more vegatarian customers

Our room was lovely - I felt so safe in the room (even though I did wonder if it could have been the servants quarters in the past!) and I loved the rose and chocolates on the bed -a lovely gesture as I had told the hotel we were celebrating our anniversary - would you believe it took us an age to find the hand towels as we did not realise they were part of the decorations on the bed - silly us!

Am I going to tell you more about the hotel? No - I suggest you look at the website and decide for yourself - take a peek at the Kings Suite and then get saving - it is not cheap but would be an experience and a half - apparently in the christmas period they put a christmas tree in this room - I am saving already so I can admire my own christmas tree whilst sitting by the fireplace and then enjoy a jacuzzi in the bathroom whilst sipping champagne and watching tv( yes there is a tv in the bathroom) - well I can dream cannot I!

Wlhen I paid the bill and settled up I was given a voucher, for a specific amount, which is valid for twelve months and can be used against anything at the hotel - I am hoping to return for a cream tea and alsoI was told that in future I would be offered a 10% discount on future bookings - a nice touch to end a wonderful stay

My only purely selfish hestitation to recommending this hotel is that I would like to return soon and do not want to find it full.

Reviewed 25 May 2010

We managed to get a room at really short notice which was amazing seeing as we had a little dog in tow aswell! Lady on reception was incredibly helpful and our dog was allowed in most rooms which was excellent! For those people that do not have dogs let me assure you that each room we were shown had absolutly no traces of a dog having been in there! We had a jacuzzi bath which was a novelty and the bathroom was lovely and clean to a very high standard. The bedroom was beautifully done with chocolates and rose on the bed. Only one drawback to entire stay and that was that the bed was uncomfortably hard. Spent the first night sleeping on the duvet with a dressing gown (provided) over me! Perhaps ask for extra duvet under sheet if, like me you do not like a hard mattress! Breakfast was lovely - everything you would imagine and the main dining room is an experience in itself. Coupled with the history of the hotel we had a wonderful stay and would definatlely return soon!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Stayed in The Ellen Terry Suite, very nice room and en-suite bathroom.Comfortable 4 poster bed.The hotel has lots of history and character. Had dinner in the hotel which was fabulous, food was delicious. The breakfast was freshly cooked to order, all the staff are very helpful and friendly. Would recommend this hotel.