This was our fourth visit to this hotel and we stayed for the New Year package. I would recommend the hotel but not at such as busy time as the staff (who are brilliant and very helpful) were run ragged dealing with the many demands of the large groups of people (the hotel was full).The location is fabulous, easy to reach the beach(down a steep slope but there is a lift in the summer) and the shops and theatres but very quiet. Rooms and beds are large and some have sea views/balconies - which are great. throughout the hotel the temperature was FAR TOO HIGH! We had to leave our bedroom windows wide open all night - in late December. Luckily we had a table by the window in the restaurant but everyone was complaining of the heat. Food is delicious - well cooked and beautifully presented. Try to avoid peak times at breakfast as the buffet can get rather crowded but there is always plenty to eat. We recommend the hotel but the New Year package is poor value for rmoney compared to the rates at other times of the year. The room where the New Year's Eve party was held was so hot we could not even sit in there - and the dance floor is tiny and very crowded. We went to our room and watched the TV there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star stunning hotel on Bournemouth's cliff-top, offering traditional stylish rooms, many with sea views. Award winning restaurant, bar, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, steam room, sauna, and beauty treatment rooms. An easy walk down the zig zag path to the golden sands, and 5 minutes walk to the town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Carlton Bournemouth
- Hotel Menzies Carlton
- Carlton Hotel Bournemouth