Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton
Marriott Hotels
US$233
US$98
US$125
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$80
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$96
US$90
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$58
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$85
US$102
PremierInn.com
1,363 results
All reviewssea viewoutdoor poollovely hoteltravelzoo dealhuge roomrestaurant managerevening mealfamily roomreception staffair showsea frontleisure facilitiestown centretwo night staybuffet stylethe cliffa lovely stay
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Having read some mixed reviews we weren't sure what to expect on our one night stay. However, we need not have worried as we found the hotel excellent on most points. The rooms were spotless and had obviously undergone a recent makeover. A query about one of the rooms resulted in a member of housekeeping arriving promptly, nothing was too much trouble for her and the issue was swiftly resolved. Breakfast was hot and was replenished on request. Bar prices were reasonable with attentive staff. Two of the reception staff could have been a little friendlier but on the whole it was a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: We only booked the week before and were lucky enough to get a sea view during the bank holiday weekend, definitely worth asking for.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SJS1966
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Stayed here on business for two nights. Restaurant seemed quite expensive so ate in the bar instead. Big plus point was the free wireless internet (still amazes me how some hotels (Hilton) have the audacity to charge for this service).
Chose the hotel as it had a gym, this was a bit disappointing and is in need of a bit of investment to bring it up to scratch.

Room a bit tired, but had a comfortable stay. Not a bad experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I had to stay in Bournemouth for a night as I was attending the funeral of my grandmother. I had travelled from the UAE to London and driven down straight after. I arrived at 11.30am and asked for my room. They said it was not ready so I told them I needed the room ASAP as I had to shower and chage to get to the funeral in time and would be leaving the hotel at 13.30.
After checking 4 of 5 times, they finally gave me a room at 13.10 which was not ideal, I had to rush to shower and dress and it was so hot in the room as there was no air conditioning or a fan that I left with soaking wet hair. not very happy as it does not take over and hour and a half to clean one room under the circumstances.

The food was ok, drinks reasonable. The pool was empty and whilst it did not matter to me, there were other people there for the weekend wihtout the use of the outdoor pool! The rooms were generally tatty and the beds have seen better days. Bathrooms were a nice size but oldfashioned shower over the bath and mine was useless!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel in May while attending a Conference in the town. This is my 5th stay at the Carlton. Previous comments have been made about the tired appearance of the rooms and I can concur with those remarks in past years. However......The Carlton is undergoing a big programme of improvements and they are steadily working through a refurbishment of all rooms. I stayed in room 215 and it was superb. A large room with new furnishings, modern TV and fittings. The linen was crisp and clean. I had a view of the sea and the headland from my super king bed. The en-suite was not huge but perfectly adequate. Plenty of power in the shower and an assortment of Gilchrest & Soames products that were replenished daily. The room had a kettle, a good selection of teas/ coffees + biscuits, again replenished daily. Also provided daily was bottled water, both sparkling and still. The room was spotlessly clean and bathrobes were also provided. The only very slight thing I would say about the room is that it didn’t have a fridge. I checked with other colleagues staying and none of their rooms had a fridge either. However, when I asked at reception they immediately found me a mini fridge and it was installed in my room within an hour of my request.
Breakfast was a good choice of cereals/ fresh fruits/ yoghurts/ breads + a full English if required. I was on a B&B deal but I noticed that the buffet breakfast was charged at £14.99p. This is terrific value for the standard and choice available. Tea/ coffee/ toast were in constant supply. The dining room had a lovely feel to it with high ceilings and a view out to the gardens. It’s very elegant and has a lovely old charm about it. Again, spotlessly clean. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. There is a high number of foreign staff but they all speak wonderful English so there was no language confusion for guests.
The outdoor swimming pool was undergoing a refurbishment (too cold to swim outdoor for me anyway). There is also extensive work going on in the garden. There is plenty of free parking at the rear of the hotel.
While I stay here for business I would have no hesitation in bringing my family for a stay in this lovely hotel. The refurbishments make this a very good 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the sea - Room 215 has a good view. Avoid 115. It is directly above the bar and very noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel May Bank Holiday with my family which covered an age range of 4 generations. We had several rooms overlooking the sea which were very clean, comfortable and spacious all had tea/coffee making facilities and TV. They looked recently decorated. All the staff were very friendly, helpful and could not do enough for us. We had a toddler in our group and meal times were very well catered for him. The food in the restaurant was excellent. We had a lovely time and would certainly go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are being refurbished. We had sea and side sea views which were exellent. They supplied travel cots for both the toddler and baby. Highchair in the restaurant was in good condition
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family