In a package over the weekend in February.
We were put down on a table for 2 where they serve the food. Not the best position. Looking above at the old chandeliers (when it WAS 5 star........now sadly NOT) there were 10 bulbs in the light. Six of them had gone so it was a bit gloomy!
I ordered the wine, a bottle of Chablis. The Wine Waiter asked ME for the bin number. Not a good start!
I had Dover Sole. Lovely. It came with chips..........great you think...........I had 6 chips. Yes 6!
The main waiter did not smile once. It was all a bit tired and sad really.
Wouldn't go back. Faded elegance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to epic locations and dramatic seafront views, nothing gets much better than the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton. We’re right in the heart of town, so when you can tear your eyes away from the beautiful view or tear yourself away from the stretch of golden beach, then we’re also walking distance to the town centre, to popular attractions such as Bournemouth Oceanarium, BH2 Leisure Complex and Bournemouth International Centre – a hotspot for major conferences and exhibitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Carlton Bournemouth
- Hotel Menzies Carlton
- Carlton Hotel Bournemouth