We had booked in for one night and when we saw our room wished we were going to be there longer!! The room was large with bathroom en-suite and on top of that we had a lounge area with a second toilet!!
On the downside we didn't find the staff very friendly - when we walked into Reception to check in we asked what time the swimming pool closed and were told to look on the room information card as it was written on there - would it have been too difficult to just tell us?!
The swimming pool is absolutely tiny and it was very busy as people staying in the timeshare apartments and the other Menzies hotel round the corner can all use the pool as well as Carlton Hotel residents. There is only one shower in the swimming pool area which isn't enough for the amount of people who are using the pool - we were all queuing for the shower!!
When we went into breakfast we followed the instructions on the sign and went into the cocktail bar where the member of staff looked at us if we were aliens when we asked about being seated for breakfast! We then walked into the restaurant and were seated but none of the staff were friendly at all - one (who we think was the manageress) literally pushed past us when we were making our toast as she wanted to get something - no 'please', no 'thank you' when we moved out of the way for her and a dirty look when we commented how rude she was!! There was a good selection of food for breakfast which made for a good start to the day.
Overall I would return to the hotel because of its position, its rooms and the food - the service needs to be sorted out though as Bournemouth is full of hotels and so there is plenty of choice of where to stay - we even popped into the other Menzies hotel to see what the difference was - the difference in the welcome was huge - we were greeted by an extremely friendly man who answered all our questions happily even though we had already told him we were staying round the corner. Maybe the Carlton staff could take some lesson from him!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star stunning hotel on Bournemouth's cliff-top, offering traditional stylish rooms, many with sea views. Award winning restaurant, bar, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, steam room, sauna, and beauty treatment rooms. An easy walk down the zig zag path to the golden sands, and 5 minutes walk to the town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Carlton Bournemouth
- Hotel Menzies Carlton
- Carlton Hotel Bournemouth