I booked August Bank Holiday as a treat for new husband and I... check in experience was good, but it went downhill from there. There was a large wedding party and a Golden Wedding anniversary party on Saturday afternoon, leaving almost no staff to deal with non-party going guests. They ran out of breakfast on Sunday morning, and tried to serve up microwaved sausages..... We tried a meal in the Hotel restaurant on Sunday evening after a very long day out walking along the coastline. It has to rate amongst the most horrible meals I have ever eaten - and we were not the only people to complain. The restaurant manager calmly explained to the complaining guests that 'we served the same dish at lunchtime and no-one complained then......." hmmm, suggest further use of microwave (although denied!). The 2nd floor sea view rooms are looking shabby with cracked/chipped tiles and stained carpet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star stunning hotel on Bournemouth's cliff-top, offering traditional stylish rooms, many with sea views. Award winning restaurant, bar, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, steam room, sauna, and beauty treatment rooms. An easy walk down the zig zag path to the golden sands, and 5 minutes walk to the town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Carlton Bournemouth
- Hotel Menzies Carlton
- Carlton Hotel Bournemouth