We stayed at the Carlton Hotel for two nights after a late booking so we appreciated we didn't have a choice of room at such short notice and in the height of the summer season.
The reception staff at all times were polite, friendly and very welcoming.
The room itself was a good size double (room 229), rather outdated, tired looking and the view of the bins wasn't the most enjoyable, but as I said this was all that was available on the day and we needed somewhere to stay for two nights and although the room was next to the lift you didn't actually hear it so that wasn't a issue at all.
We were however woken on the Monday morning, firstly at 6.45-7am with the first lot of bins being emptied and then again at 8am for the bottle bins to be emptied!
Breakfast was plentiful, with lovely fresh fruit, plenty of cereals and then the traditional English.
The hotel in general needs new carpeting and a fresh lick of paint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star stunning hotel on Bournemouth's cliff-top, offering traditional stylish rooms, many with sea views. Award winning restaurant, bar, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, steam room, sauna, and beauty treatment rooms. An easy walk down the zig zag path to the golden sands, and 5 minutes walk to the town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Carlton Bournemouth
- Hotel Menzies Carlton
- Carlton Hotel Bournemouth