I thought I was in a sketch from Faulty Towers.
Arrived on 25th November 2008 for a 4 day training coarse. The 1st room was freezing and asked for an additional heater. That arrived via Svewho works behind the bar to find out it didnt work. We had planned a meal outside the Hotel and was assured that the heater will be put in the room. Returned at 10.30 pm to find no heater and absolutley freezing. Phoned and got a move to a room with a sea view.
The hotel is far from what I would class as 4 star. The decor is tired and the room was not clean. There was an annoying noise which must be either air conditioning or suction fans from the kitchen which contuinued into the night making sleep an issue.
Breakfast was disgusting and didnt get my order right. Ordered poached eggs which were very under done and also got scrambled eggs which were also very underdone. Not good when my other half is pregnant and the beans had a skin on them as if they had been under a heat lamp keeping warm.
Afternoon buffet luch was part of the coarse but was very limited and bearly edible.
My girlfriend order room service on Wednesday afternoon which she ate and placed outside the room for collection and was still there on the friday at 11.00am when we checked out. Not pleasant looking at a salad that had been left in the corridor for 2 days.
Almost everyone I spoke to on my coarse had a simailar experience with this hotel. I wish I has stayed somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star stunning hotel on Bournemouth's cliff-top, offering traditional stylish rooms, many with sea views. Award winning restaurant, bar, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, steam room, sauna, and beauty treatment rooms. An easy walk down the zig zag path to the golden sands, and 5 minutes walk to the town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Carlton Bournemouth
- Hotel Menzies Carlton
- Carlton Hotel Bournemouth