Room 128 is shabby . Stained furniture and carpet. Missing coat hangers and base in desk. Too few items for drinks, for example, one sachet of chocolate, four tea bags,three coffee's and four milks. One small bottle of water was supplied each day to be shared by two. The outlook is into a wall and the window requires urgent attention.The room is close to the functions room and subject to noise until the early hours.We were kept awake by noise in the corridor until 4am.The TV is old and needs to be replaced with a good size flat screen type.
The bathroom requires complete refurbishment. The bath is too narrow and very difficult to get out of. The razor socket is worn out and the light above the bath flickers on and off.
The room rate being £190.00 per night is far too high for this room.
A couple reported to me that their mattress was so old that the springs were sticking into their backs, and they had a sleepless night because of it.
A three star hotel nearby is so much better that this hotel in every respect.
Please read the reviews on Booking.com as they back up my comments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star stunning hotel on Bournemouth's cliff-top, offering traditional stylish rooms, many with sea views. Award winning restaurant, bar, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, steam room, sauna, and beauty treatment rooms. An easy walk down the zig zag path to the golden sands, and 5 minutes walk to the town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Carlton Bournemouth
- Hotel Menzies Carlton
- Carlton Hotel Bournemouth