We arrived about lunchtime. The receptionist was warm and friendly but we were not offered any 'dinner deals'.
We dropped our bags and went in search of food. We were directed to the bar where we asked for a menu. We were ignored, then asked to wait even though there was a menu within reach (which I leaned over and picked up). We waited a few minutes then left. There were very few customers in the bar at that time. If you have room Room Service you are charged £3.50 per tray, that's without a tip. In our opinion it would be good PR and make the Client feel better if that cost was incorporated into the menu price . It seems madness that you pay £3.50 for tea to be delivered and the same for a full meal).
The small internal swimming pool was very cold. We didn't see anybody swim in it. A clue perhaps?!
Our room was clean and had lovely sea views. The furniture was 'tired' and there was an old style TV.
The bed resembled the ones at Premier Inn beds large but with no sheets, just a duvet. It was a warm night so the options were roast under the duvet , or have no covering at all. Four star, no sheets! I don't think so.
We have stayed here twice before. The first time in this part of the building, and the second a couple of years ago in a room in the time share part. The latter was air conditioned and modern. The toweling dressing gowns provided then were soft and white, we were also supplied with slippers. The dressing gowns in room 216 were well used and so stiff they almost stood up by themselves. I would donate them to a charity shop. We felt one and decided not to bother. We asked about slippers but were told the hotel no longer supplied them.
The food at breakfast was good and freshly cooked, but at four stars I expect waiter service not buffet. Perhaps I am old fashioned?
The carpet was past it's sell by date with what looked liked a cigarette burn by the window.
Apart from the staff in the bar who made us feel like nuisances, the staff were friendly and welcoming.
We chose this hotel because we have used in the past and it was excellent then. Would I go back? I don't think so . I am happy to pay for luxury. If you are looking for luxury don't stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star stunning hotel on Bournemouth's cliff-top, offering traditional stylish rooms, many with sea views. Award winning restaurant, bar, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, steam room, sauna, and beauty treatment rooms. An easy walk down the zig zag path to the golden sands, and 5 minutes walk to the town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Carlton Bournemouth
- Hotel Menzies Carlton
- Carlton Hotel Bournemouth